Service Tier Administration Tool v3.4.0

Comments

• asaez@datanetconsultores.esasaez@datanetconsultores.es Member Posts: 1
    edited 2017-11-22
    It seems that the "Create NAV Client Version" action does not work.
    yotslfmj4yfr.png
    23oeuem5n56c.png

• clienauclienau Member Posts: 57
    I'll check this. I work on a new version at the moment.
  • denmark_serrano77denmark_serrano77 Member Posts: 12
    I'm getting the following error when using v3.1.0:
    d9ivksc8qlk8.png

It's then followed by this error from the RTC:
    6m2zscvrd1r4.png
    Denmark
  • SaranSaran Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I would like to create instances for multiple builds in the same PC (NAV 2016 Build 42815 and NAV 2016 CU 46773). Is it possible to that in Service Tier while creating Service Instance. Kindly advise.
  • FlemmingBFlemmingB Member Posts: 4
    I'm getting the following error when using v3.1.0:
    d9ivksc8qlk8.png

It's then followed by this error from the RTC:
    6m2zscvrd1r4.png

We have the same problem after updating to Version 3.1
    Yeah i know. Sorry for that. I have fixed all problems, yesterday at the evening. The update come in the next hour.
    I have only one problem with impersonation on remote connections. I work as fast i can to release the update.
  • JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
    Thanks again for all your hard work on this. Is there a way we can thank you more tangibly, like a Patreon, paypal beer fund, or a charity important to you we can throw money at in thanks?

Also, is there any chance at all we can throw this up on Github so we can do issue tracking, pull requests, wiki, etc? I'm certain folks would be game to help with that.
    JEREMY VYSKA
    CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
    New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"
    Ok the update is ready. I hope that i have tested all scenarios.

If you found some issues or improvements, please tell me here.

I send the actual version to luc with Version Infos. ;)
  • FlemmingBFlemmingB Member Posts: 4
    Great Job :) and thanks for the quick update
  • hikaruhikaru Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am getting an error when clicking on the Create Service button.

b9167b74xnjv.png

Thanks
  • denmark_serrano77denmark_serrano77 Member Posts: 12
    edited 2017-11-29
    Got the 3.1.1 update. The issue I reported is solved. I also don't encounter the error reported by @hikaru.

Thank you very much for the quick turnaround! Really appreciate it :)
    Denmark
  • esuarkfaloesuarkfalo Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

First of all: Thanks for the version 3.1.1. Now all functions are working.

There are only three "normal" and one "very special" thing to report.

The "Normal" problems are (tried on a PC with Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012)

* It is not possible to change the theme in the settings
    * The functions in the area "Service Settings" are working. But the result is not shown in the service list itself. You have to restart the tool for that.
    * After starting a service the settings for the server as well for the clients are blocked. While blocing the server settings is ok the client settings should be editable. Reason: Mostly there is no company name inserted before starting the service. But trying to debug a running service this comapny name is requested. Now you have to stop the service, enter the comany name and start the service once again.

The "very special" problem (tried on a PC with Windows 10, Feature Update 1703 or 1709)

* Starting the tool the part "service list" is updated every 2-3 seconds. Therefore it is not possible to change settings or start services (you have to be very very quickly to do something).

While the "normal" problems can be solved without changing the tool the "very special" problem should be solved. In our company nearly every PC is working with Windows 10. Or is there an other solution (some setting in Windows 10) to avoid the permanent update of the "service list"?
    edited 2017-11-29
    Hi, thanks for your infos.

- I test the create service function.

- Yes the theme can not be change on remote machine. It's right. Because of the performance.
    On a remote machine an hoverless style will be loaded. That was a wish from some users.

- Yes i know there is a problem with the refresh of the service properties. I will update this as far.

- You are right. The Client settings should be editable. I change this, too.

- Another point is that i will add a client setting to login with different user credentials.

To your very special problem:

There is a hidden timer that will check the count of the navision services in background.

That the service refresh the service list again and again could be a refresh problem. Have you special services?

Your last problem is on a client machine with remote connection? On remote machine with client user connection?

Thanks to help to improve the tool.

Best Regards
  • greatscott001greatscott001 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the new version and the updates. I have just updated to 3.1.1 (from 3.0.0) and I am having the same "special" problem as esuarkfalo.

I am connected to a remote computer, they are both Windows 2016, the "local" machines is setup for remote desktop. I have attached a quick gif of the what is happening.
    arzmld5ulrk8.gif
    edited 2017-11-29
    Ok thank that helps. I will test it with remote machine. Have you use special credentials with Credential Manager ? Or did you have admin rights on that machine?
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    clienau wrote: »
    Ok this setting is missing.

I compare all parameter with the Administration Snap-In. It could be that this parameter is not configurable from the snap-in. I will make an update today again.

Best Regards

Great to see that DisableWriteInsideTryFunctions is in now.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    Hi Luc van Vugt,

I have the same problem. And here is my workaround.

In your folder ...\AppData\Local you can find a folder "Simova..." and a folder "tegos...". In there subfolders you can find user.config files. In this files you can find the section "Machine_List". If you copy your list of machines from the file in the last subfolder in "tegos..." to the file in the subfolder "3.0.0.0" in "Simova..." then you see all of the machines in the new version.

Thanx.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    edited 2017-11-29
    Chris, maybe I do something wrong, but the action "View Config" doesn't open the config file anymore.

####UPDATE####
    Indeed I did something wrong: I was expecting the config file to appear in fron of administration tool. It doesn't, but it somewhere in the background.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    Ok thank that helps. I will test it with remote machine. Have you use special credentials with Credential Manager ? Or did you have admin rights on that machine?

I have Administrator rights on both machines.
    Yeah is it on remote machine? I think that the tool has some problems with the default credentials on remote machine. I will solve it as fast. I hope i can make an update today.

Yes, the problem is on the remote machine. I have not tried it on the machine with the services.
    Chris, maybe I do something wrong, but the action "View Config" doesn't open the config file anymore."

Thanks i found it.
  • navdeveloper02navdeveloper02 Member Posts: 2
    With the number of releases growing so fast, I understand it could be a bit early to make features requests, however... do you mind if I do?
  • dynavicsdynavics Member Posts: 5
    I still cannot create a new Service due to the "Input String wrong format" issue. (v3.1.1.0)
    Any suggestions?
  • KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    Yeah is it on remote machine? I think that the tool has some problems with the default credentials on remote machine. I will solve it as fast. I hope i can make an update today.

I have the same problem in 3.1.1 but I am not running on a remote machine but in a Hyperdisk VM on my laptop - hope that helps to identify the problem.

Great tool BTW!
    edited 2017-12-01
    Hi sry, I was on holiday.
    My Childrens had birthday ;)

I'm tomorrow at work but i have to work on project. I will do my best to solve all errors, problems and improvements at the weekend.

I have fixed all issues you have posted, but i have only one credential problem on remote server.
    I will do more test before i update again. The are many constellations.

Current User -> localhost.
    Remote Machine -> CurrentUser.
    (NEW) Credential Manager -> localhost -> Current User
    (NEW) Credential Manager -> Remote Machine -> Current User.
    (NEW) Credential Manager -> Remote Machine -> Custom User.

I have wrote all changes in Word file.
    I will post it with the actual version on mibuso, if it's stable.

FYI, I am getting the screen flash problem on the local computer (Server 2016) with administrator rights.
    Just checking to see when you expect to have a version that corrects the screen flash problem.
    edited 2017-12-05
    Hello, update 3.1.2 is out now.

I have new settings integrate to disable the service check.
    Disable "Update Service List" if the problem still happens.

Sorry for the problems in the last two weeks.

I wait on feedback, and will upload the version to Mibuso with Changelogs.

I hope that it works like before. I have removed the new feature Credential Manager for different credentials, because there are more problems with impersonation that i tought.

I will do it in a future version with more tests.