Options

Questions in development exam

Comments

• Options
    laurentlaurent Member Posts: 10
    Hello,

some comment about b1gb0ss questions / answers.

9 & 14 :

9. When displaying subordinate records in a subform what control do you use?

a) You must use a Tablebox <=
    b) You usually use a Tablebox
    c) A picture box
    d) A text box

14. When displaying subordinate records in a subform what control do you use.

a) You must use a Tablebox
    b) You usually use a Tablebox <=
    c) A picture box
    d) A text box

Same questions, different answers.... Any idea about the correct one ?

Thanks

Laurent
  • Options
    laurentlaurent Member Posts: 10
    Me again,

as you can see, I study by using bigbos1 question...

same problem with # 132 & 123

123. How to implement optimistic concurrency (I don’t remember the server type) ?

a) Set a maximum of filters. The server will lock the table (implicit) during the update <=
    b) Set a maximum of filters and explicitly call the LOCKTABLE

Once a, once b... Any idea

130. You are making a data conversion from legacy system to new one
    Using DataPort but something occur thier is description filed contain 80 char and the new description filed can take 50 char only.
    You told our customer about this he told u its fine with first 50 char
    Know what is true way to do this data conversion?

a) Change the new description filed properties to take 80 char
    b) Write code in the table triggers to reed the first 50 char
    c) DataPort will handle this situations u don’t need to do any thing
    d) You need to write code in data port to handle this situation <=
    e) Put the data in variable and then write code to read the first 50 char <=

d or e. In my opinion d.

Thanks again

Laurent
  • Options
    pplNetpplNet Member Posts: 11
    Hi all,
    I'm going to re-take the exam Na 40-221.
    Can anyone share out the question?
    Thx.
    To be a SMART, first you must be a STUPID.
  • Options
    JKJK Member Posts: 21
    Hi Gurus :twisted:

I passed 90% \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Thanks a lot!!!
  • Options
    eswaraneswaran Member Posts: 1
    This is often asked question what is the code generated when creating a form using a wizard. I have checked but there is no code being created any one who have given exams have answers
  • Options
    ayashiayashi Member Posts: 78
    guys I know the title for this post is questions in development exam,
    but some of you also post the questions in c/side programming I.
    And I can't tell the difference.

I'm going to take c/side programming I exam,
    can anyone please be kind by giving me clue / sample questions, i'm quite scared here .... :? :? :? need help from all of you guys ...
  • Options
    PassHopePassHope Member Posts: 25
    Hello. I am now reading for the Development II exam, and are studying some of the posted questions.

McCoy had some comments on b1gb0ss questions. I do not agree with several of McCoy's answeres. I know two of the questions, and one has been much discussed here. :

10. Form A calls on instance of a Codeunit and assigns 'RED' to a global text variable. Form B call an instance of the same Codeunit and assigns the same global variable 'BLUE'. Forma A then calls another function in the same Codeunit and retrieves the value of the global variable. What is the value?

a) Red <=
    b) Blue <=
    c) Null
    d) You can't do this

I did this and the answere is RED.

Q36 is almost the same, but with the codeunit as a SINGLE instance. The answere is BLUE.

(If you do this test, be sure to restart your Navision, because I was tricked when I altered the SingleInstance property from yes to no.)

26. Which Xml properties will cause flowfields to be calc automatically?

a) Calcfields
    b) Flowcalc
    c) CalcFlow
    d) DoCalc
    e) AutoCalcField <=

McCoy sad that it was Calcfields on this, but this is XML, and here AutoCalcField has another meaning :

AutoCalcField (XMLports)
    Use this property to specify whether or not the value in this field (FlowField) should be recalculated before the field is exported.

The question also says "what Property".......

I hope this helps someone.

Still some weeks to the exam.
  • Options
    madshmadsh Member Posts: 16
    Hello there
    26. Which Xml properties will cause flowfields to be calc automatically?

a) Calcfields
    b) Flowcalc
    c) CalcFlow
    d) DoCalc
    e) AutoCalcField

in the C/SIDE Introduction book it says:

Calcfields – Automatically calculates the information for Flowfields entered here

Beside CalcFields is also a property, so I think this is the right answer

Also yesterday I past the Development 1 :D and got that question but without the AutocalField option.
  • Options
    PassHopePassHope Member Posts: 25
    Hello.

I think you are right. I found this in C/SIDE Reference.

CalcFields
    Use this property to list the FlowFields from the source table that you want the system to automatically calculate.

Applies to
    Forms, reports, dataports, XMLports

Comments
    Use the AssistEdit button to select the FlowFields.

AutoCalcField (XMLports)
    Use this property to specify whether or not the value in this field (FlowField) should be recalculated before the field is exported.

Applies

I didn't find CalcFields as a property, but it was in the Table element.

It seems that AutoCalcField is to recalculate.

Thank you, I'm having exam tomorrow.

Congratulation with the Dev I exam. Skide godt!
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    madsh wrote:
    Also yesterday I past the Development 1 :D and got that question but without the AutocalField option.

Muuahhahah!

Our Army Grows!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • Options
    m.pacanam.pacana Member Posts: 75
    Hi guys!

Im planning to take SOlution Development Exam (222), but I haven't taken the Introduction Exam, Will I have a problem with that? I mean as an advice, will it be more difficult for me if I will not take the introduction/programming exam, and take the solutions exam immediately? Thanks! :)

And additional questions, What are the topics of Navision Devt that I should concentrate more on, in order to be prepared on the Solution devt exam? Thanks!!! :)
  • Options
    utouto Member Posts: 36
    m.pacana wrote:
    Hi guys!

Im planning to take SOlution Development Exam (222), but I haven't taken the Introduction Exam, Will I have a problem with that? I mean as an advice, will it be more difficult for me if I will not take the introduction/programming exam, and take the solutions exam immediately? Thanks! :)

Don't worry cause I took the Solution Development with out the Introduction Exam and I already passed the exam. :lol: It is not difficult and you can find the sample questions from this forum.
  • Options
    Oh.. Thanks uto! COngratulations you passed the exam! \:D/ Hopefully, I will too someday [-o<

By the way, I have scanned through the questions in these forum, and I found out that some questions can be answered if you really know the navision environment and essentials.. Do I have to know it very well in order to answer the exam?
  • Options
    utouto Member Posts: 36
    You have to know more than navision such as implementaion methodology cause the last topic for this exam is scenario which simulate the implementation situation. I think it is the most difficult for this eaxm and I cannt remember the sample question for this part.
    The information for the others topic, you can find it on the manual of Solution Development (Navision Attain Solution Development).
  • Options
    atarisataris Member Posts: 109
    Hello,

I'm going to be writing the c/side introduction and development exams.

Example development 1 and 2 exams.

All you guys doing the exams now did you guys get the navision 4.0 development I and navision 4.0 development II manuals to pass these exams. Or are you using different manuals?
  • Options
    Thanks uto! \:D/
  • Options
    pberbpberb Member Posts: 33
    ..would be useful to know the answer only under extremely rare circumstances. This should NOT be an exam question IMHO -- there are many other more common and useful questions that could be asked instead. The person who thought of this question to have on the exam obviously doesn't have much real-world Navision development experience.
  • Options
    FordewindFordewind Member Posts: 27
    Hi, ALL!

Need HELP!!! ](*,)

Have anyone some sort of a documentation on Development for Navision 4.0? Something like Solution Development for Navision 3.XX?
    Nav 4.0 sp3
  • Options
    sridharsridhar Member Posts: 171
    Dear Friends,

Please try to understand that this forum is not meant to share the exam questions. Its been meant for sharing our knowledge. We should try to clear the exams with our knowledge and experience.

Regards,

N.Sridhar
  • Options
    atarisataris Member Posts: 109
    If you think a person will pass because they have learnt all the question off by heart on this forum I think you mad. Not to mention the question are a mixture of the Development I and Development II exams. In order to discuss you have to post questions.

I wouldn't really worry mate....
  • Options
    Approximately how many items does the exam have? :-k
  • Options
    gpetrosgpetros Member Posts: 5
    m.pacana wrote:
    Approximately how many items does the exam have? :-k

The Development I exam contains 100 questions.
    The Development II exam has 96. (This surprised me a bit since it's supposed to have 100 according to the information on the MBS site. But, I just took it yesterday and it had only 96 questions.)
  • Options
    Thanks gpetros! Some questions may have multiple answers thats why i guess it only had 96 questions. thanks! \:D/
  • Options
    InterFishInterFish Member Posts: 5
    Just passed the C/SIDE Introduction (at 91%) and the C/SIDE Solution Development (at 85%) exam, not at least because of this thread.
    Thx 2 all!

Greetz from Germany

'Fish
  • Options
    Hello, Im reading this forum and im just curious regarding the ff question posted here:

Q-)Which of the following functional area has more than one Master Table?
    a-)General Ledger
    b-)Fixed Assets
    c-)Inventory
    d-)Sales & receivables

Some say the answer is A, but some say its B. Where can I see information regarding this? I cant find any info about this on the Solution Devt manual, but i will check again.

Q.You need to open form to get information from input of the user. What code?
    a)FORM.RUN(formID)
    b)Create variable type form and code : VAR.RUN
    c)Create variable type form and code : VAR.RUNMODAL
    d)FORM.RUNMODAL(formID)

what's the difference between the letter C and letter D? i have read this both in the manual, but i really cant differentiate these two.

5: In a function with a record as parameter. Can we know witch filters have been applies

A: NO
    B: Yes, the records contains all the information about the filter applied
    C: Yes, the filters applied to a record are stored in a system variable.
    D ??

*** i think the answer here is C. is it right?

4) you want to create a mail-merge with MS word. what do you do?
    a) use automation from navision to word
    b) use automation from word to navision
    c) use odbc
    d) use c/odbc

** i think the answer here is odbc. i also read this on other topics on this forums and the genius said there that c is also the answer.. what do you think? can u explain this more further.. :)

thanks!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ [/b]
  • Options
    I think i found an answer in my 2nd question:

Posted by Kine in other topic of the forum:

In case of Var.RUNMODAL, you can call functions of the form, you have still the state of the form in memory (the form global variables are existing, have the value etc.)... if you call only FORM.RUNMODAl you have only return value and no access to the functions of the form etc...

thanks. :)
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Can somebody please fix the title? Please? It's the most active topic, and it has a typo.

it should say.

Questions in development exam

:whistle:
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    WulleWulle Member Posts: 6
    [-o<
    Bravo.
    Wulle
  • Options
    AsterixAsterix Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all who posted helpful hints on this thread. I took the Dev-I exam today (NAV-0221) and passed with 91%.. yahoo!

Here are some questions that I remember from the exam that I didnot see on this thread yet:

1) How do you identify if you are in a Process from CAL code.
    a) You are in a Process if you are running CAL code. <= (?)
    b) By invoking the InProcess function from the CAL Code.
    c) Other than CAL code in Forms, all other objects when running CAL code are in a Process.
    d) <some other option I forgot....>

2) Which function statement do you use in the OnPreSection() of a Report to not output the section.
    a) CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT(TRUE) <= {I think it shud be FALSE but the other options were all weird... and I think this is the right one}
    b) ShowReport(TRUE)
    c) CurrReport.PrintReport(TRUE)
    d) <someother weird options here....>

3) Which is the correct order of execution of triggers in a dataport during Import:
    A) OnPreDataport()
    B) OnInitDataport()
    C) OnPostDataport()
    D) OnPreDataItem()
    E) OnBeforeImportRecord()
    F) OnBeforeExportRecord()
    G) OnAfterExportRecord()
    H) OnAfterImportRecord()
    I) OnPostDataItem()

a) A-B-D-E-H-I-C
    b) B-A-D-E-H-I-C <=
    c) A-D-E-H-I-C
    d) B-D-E-H-I-C

4) To use MS Excel extract data from Navision using ODBC, After installing NODBC driver what is the next step:
    a) Run Control Panel->Administrative Tools and setup DataSource <=
    b) On Excel run Data->Import External Data->New Database Query.
    c) ?
    d) ?

5) You can access the Properties and Methods of a OCX global variable from a codeunit designer by:
    a) Clicking F5 and selecting them from the Symbol Menu <=
    b) c) d) <some weird options I forgot...>

6) How many design levels are available in Menusuites
    a) 3
    b) 13 <= {I dunno how but of the numbers it looked plausible... I got it right too since I got 100% for Menusuites}
    c) 300
    d) Unlimited

7) In XMLPorts which property of TagName points to the Table being exported/imported.... etc
    a) SourceType
    b) TableName
    c) SourceTable <=
    d) TagType

Best of luck guys!

Asterix.
  • Options
    Chandan_kansalChandan_kansal Member Posts: 27
    m.pacana wrote:
    Hello, Im reading this forum and im just curious regarding the ff question posted here:

Q-)Which of the following functional area has more than one Master Table?
    a-)General Ledger
    b-)Fixed Assets
    c-)Inventory
    d-)Sales & receivables

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ [/b]

Answer is D
    Because table No. 13 and 18 r master tables.