Options

Questions in development exam

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    andy76 wrote:
    Where can I find information about this thing?
    Why not try it out?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    westboywestboy Member Posts: 1
    I have geot more usefull information from this blog.
    http://www.examinfoking.org/
    I hope it also can help you more.

West boy.
    My IT profession
  • Options
    danielfeetdanielfeet Member Posts: 3
    westboy wrote:
    I have geot more usefull information from this blog.
    http://www.examinfoking.org/
    I hope it also can help you more.

West boy.

Hello , I'm really having a need in finding more questions and answers
    in NAVISION 4.0 JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT EXAM ?

Could You Give Me a free link?
    pls
    #-o
  • Options
    manojmanoj Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

I am preaparing for Nav 4.0 C/side intro exam n going to give the exam in two days....I have some doubt over the answers for the following ques.. Can anybody give me ans for these ...

1. Which of the following is not a DataItemSeperator

a) <NewLine>
    b) <CR>
    c) TAB
    d) <CR/LF>

2. Select the item that describes the effect of placing a Dataport DataItem below another DataItem and indenting it.
    Assume the Dataport is set up for exporting data.

A) The indented DataItem will be executed only if records are not found in the table attached to the other DataItem.

B) The first DataItem will process through the records of its attached table. Once it has finished processing all records, the second DataItem will process through all of its records.

C) Dataport DataItems cannot be indented below other DataItems in C/SIDE.

D) The indented DataItem will retrieve records, but the other DataItem will not process a table. It will merely act to control which records the indented element can retrieve.

E) The indented DataItem will attempt to retrieve one or more records from its attached table for each record retrieved in the element above it. In other words, it is similar to having a nested loop in C/AL code.

3. Using Navision standards, which one of these Form Types has tabs?

A) Card
    B) Tabular
    C) Worksheet
    D) Matrix

4. You have a table that stores transactions regarding Widgets.
    The table's name is Widget Ledger Entry.
    Using Navision standards, what type of form is used to access this table?

A) List Form
    B) Tabular Form
    C) Worksheet Form
    D) Card Form

5. What happens if you set the Editable property of a field in a table to "No"?

A) The field will not be modifiable, whether you use a form or C/AL code.
    B) You will not be able to modify the field using C/AL code, but you can still modify it using a form.

C) You will not be able to modify the field using a form, but you can still modify it using C/AL code.

D) The field will not be able to be used on forms.

6. In a standard Navision Functional Area, describe the table relationship(s) between a Master table and the corresponding Ledger table?

A) A field in the Master Table is table-related to the Ledger Table.

B) A field in the Ledger Table is table-related to the Master Table.

C) The Master Table and the Ledger Table each have a field that is table-related to the other.

D) The Ledger Table and the Master Table do not have any fields that are table-related to the other at all.

7. You are designing a report that is going to be run while other users are inserting records into the same transaction tables. Using the SQL Server Option for Navision, which is not version-based, what do you need to do to the report to make sure that the data reported will be a consistent snapshot of the data in those transaction tables?

A) There is nothing you can do. The user will just have to tell all the other users not to make any entries while he or she is printing this report.

B) You will need to set the TransactionType property of the report to "Snapshot". This way, users who attempt to make entries will be locked out while the report is printing.

C) You do not need to do anything. Because SQL Server is not version-based, there are no conflicting versions, and all reports print a consistent snapshot of the data.

D) You will need to set the TransactionType property of the report to "Browse". This way, other users' entries will not be taken into account while the report is printing.
  • Options
    dollarinsatiabledollarinsatiable Member Posts: 31
    Angelo wrote:
    yeah,I remember this question when I enter for Development Exams,
    I fill "Visible" because I think when run time we can show column or hide colum that mean can make it visible or not visible,right???

I try to remember another questions that I cannot answer......

Answer is VISIBLE
  • Options
    MRQ wrote:
    3) if u creat file and write to it the number '1000' what is the size if u know that the textmode method is( textmode(true) )

a) 2 byte
    b) 4 byte
    c) 6 byte
    d) 8 byte

4) if u creat file and write to it the number '1000' what is the size if u know that the textmode method is( textmode(false) )

a) 2 byte
    b) 4 byte
    c) 6 byte
    d) 8 byte

When True-->6 Bytes
    When False-->4 Bytes
  • Options
    andy76 wrote:
    And this one?

The design specifications written by your senior Microsoft Navision Consultant in
    Development call for you to integrate Microsoft Word with Microsoft Navision
    (running on a Microsoft?Navision?Server). You see that your customer wants to
    create a mail merge once a week to send out a welcome letter to new customers.
    Your customer wants a solution in which they can easily add additional fields to the
    letter without having to require additional customizations by a Microsoft Navision
    consultant. What option would you choose to fit your customer's need?
    MB7-222
    A. Automation from Microsoft Navision to Microsoft Word
    B. Mail Merge using C/ODBC
    C. Automation from Microsoft Word to Microsoft Navision
    D. Mail Merge using ODBC
    Answer: B

Answer is (B)

I find everywhere in the manual examples about Word mail merging with Automation (A)
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    For those looking for sample quizzes/exams/questions, you might want to check out this site.

http://www.navneighborhood.com

They only have development exams right now, but it looks like they are going to be adding more. Cheaper than any place I found online when I was studying and if you contribute enough to the site you can get them for free. I've already passed both dev exams, otherwise I'd use them.
  • Options
    zdundazdunda Member Posts: 2
    MRQ wrote:
    3) if u creat file and write to it the number '1000' what is the size if u know that the textmode method is( textmode(true) )

a) 2 byte
    b) 4 byte
    c) 6 byte
    d) 8 byte

4) if u creat file and write to it the number '1000' what is the size if u know that the textmode method is( textmode(false) )

a) 2 byte
    b) 4 byte
    c) 6 byte
    d) 8 byte

When True-->6 Bytes
    When False-->4 Bytes

Are you absolutely sure about that 6 Bytes - if you look in NAV DEV Training book page 27 - note - there is something about 4 bytes alignment - so if it is textmode(true) the string '1000' occupies 4 bytes - text + 1 byte for storing the length of the string and than you have to round it up to the nearest multiple of 4. The right answer have to be 8 then... Please correct me, if I'm not right
  • Options
    zdunda wrote:
    MRQ wrote:

a) 2 byte
    b) 4 byte
    c) 6 byte
    d) 8 byte

a) 2 byte
    b) 4 byte
    c) 6 byte
    d) 8 byte

When True-->6 Bytes
    When False-->4 Bytes

Are you absolutely sure about that 6 Bytes - if you look in NAV DEV Training book page 27 - note - there is something about 4 bytes alignment - so if it is textmode(true) the string '1000' occupies 4 bytes - text + 1 byte for storing the length of the string and than you have to round it up to the nearest multiple of 4. The right answer have to be 8 then... Please correct me, if I'm not right

I am absolutely sure
  • Options
    sadynamicssadynamics Member Posts: 42
    Which is not valid identifier in C/Al Programming
    a) "Maximum Value"
    2) Maximumvalue
    3) start
    4) begin

i choose 3 ????
    Luv,
    Dynamics Lover
  • Options
    is it possible to run menu suite from object designer?
    ans : No.

how do you prevent on presection ouput from print ?
    1) currreport.showoutput(true).
    2) currreport.showoutput(false).
    ?
    ?
    ans : 2
    Luv,
    Dynamics Lover
  • Options
    KosheKoshe Member Posts: 37
    sadynamics wrote:
    a) "Maximum Value"
    2) Maximumvalue
    3) start
    4) begin

i choose 3 ????

I would say it's 4
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Koshe wrote:
    sadynamics wrote:
    a) "Maximum Value"
    2) Maximumvalue
    3) start
    4) begin

i choose 3 ????

I would say it's 4

I would go for 4 as well.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Tomas wrote:
    Koshe wrote:
    sadynamics wrote:
    a) "Maximum Value"
    2) Maximumvalue
    3) start
    4) begin

i choose 3 ????

I would say it's 4

I would go for 4 as well.
    Why not try it? :wink:

PS : I go for 4 even without trying.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    which of the following would not be a valida target for the WRITELINE method of outstream type variable?

1) BLOB
    2) Report
    3) Automation
    4) File

i choose 2 right ?

i have cleared my certifications 95 % \:D/ .. Thanks for all your efforts and contirbutions....
    Luv,
    Dynamics Lover
  • Options
    maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    thanx to all mibioners for the contribution in this section. =D>

i cleared exam with expected 90% score. \:D/ \:D/
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
    mahesh@reliconservices.com
  • Options
    te6te6 Member Posts: 89
    To cause the data entered on a Request Options form of a Navision report to be saved after the report is run, Which of the following properties must be set to yes??

A)SetZup

B)SaveValues

C)SaveDate

D)SaveOnExit

I don't know the correct choice.. ](*,)
  • Options
    i believe Save Values... Right ?
    Luv,
    Dynamics Lover
  • Options
    hi sadynamics,

Thanx for the reply...

can u Xplain me the woking system
  • Options
    which of the following would NOT be a valid reason to apply Grouping in a Navision report ???

A) To cause the report to print a new page for each Salesperson when printing a list of Customers

B) To print a Subtotal of the Balance field for each Salesperson when printing a list of customers

C) To cause two or more customers reports to print simultaneously for each salesperson

D) To cause the report to print a sub-heading each time the Salesperson code changes when printing a list of customers

I Choose the option C, but i don't is it the correct answer.. please share your experience

Thanks in Advance
  • Options
    srinivas.chittemsrinivas.chittem Member Posts: 142
    Go to report and then design mode of Request form and then go to properties
    and put 'YES' Save values Property...

The values stored in Request form wen u change the next time....
    Regards,
    srinivas
    "Delighting Customers.... Through Delivery Excellence" .
  • Options
    te6 wrote:
    which of the following would NOT be a valid reason to apply Grouping in a Navision report ???

A) To cause the report to print a new page for each Salesperson when printing a list of Customers

B) To print a Subtotal of the Balance field for each Salesperson when printing a list of customers

C) To cause two or more customers reports to print simultaneously for each salesperson

D) To cause the report to print a sub-heading each time the Salesperson code changes when printing a list of customers

I Choose the option C, but i don't is it the correct answer.. please share your experience

Thanks in Advance

Hi Experts ,

please share your experinece .. for this question.. what is the correct choice for this question
  • Options
    sendohsendoh Member Posts: 207
    hi te6 my answer is also C....
    Sendoh
    be smart before being a clever.
  • Options
    pablo.passeropablo.passero Member Posts: 12
    MRQ wrote:
    i did not know the right answer for these quastions i hope u help me ?

1)which of th following properties u can change during runtime ?

a) visible

b) vertglue

c) sourceExpr

i will try to remember another quastions i fail to answer

Hi MRQ! You can found a lot of NAV/AX/CRM and MCAD/MCSD exams (full questions & answers) here: http://www.aisnet.oxatis.com.

Regards,
    Pablo A. Passero
    NAV Developer
  • Options
    udamicoudamico Member Posts: 4
    hello to everyone, this is my first post, I am a new member, I would like to know if someone has material useful (for example answers to questions ...) for the examination of NAV development 2.
    thank you very much!!!!!

[-o<
  • Options
    Hi Experts,
    Please give me the correct answer for this Ques..

1) Under what circumstances is it possible to run a report in a modal fashion while in the middle of the transaction?

A)If the report form is shown modally before the report is run

B)If the report prepopulates all the needed information on the request form before it is displayed .

C)If the report Form is not shown

D)If the report has already been run once and the request form was properly. Under what circumstances is it possible to run a report in a modal fashion while in the middle of a transaction?

Please give me the correct answer for this Ques..
    Thanks in Advance..
  • Options
    anand-guptaanand-gupta Member Posts: 2
    Qu. 2 have a 5th option and q. 3 have a C(6 bytes) ............
    Anand.......
  • Options
    Johan_007Johan_007 Member Posts: 53
    MRQ wrote:
    i did not know the right answer for these quastions i hope u help me ?

1)which of th following properties u can change during runtime ?

a) visible

b) vertglue

c) sourceExpr

i will try to remember another quastions i fail to answer

Hi MRQ! You can found a lot of NAV/AX/CRM and MCAD/MCSD exams (full questions & answers) here: http://www.aisnet.oxatis.com.

Regards,

i believe its A
  • Options
    Johan_007Johan_007 Member Posts: 53
    A is correct cause you cant change Form properties during runtime but you can change the viewing of some columns which is A.