Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 - Marketing Beta released

kinekine Posts: 12,562Member
edited 2008-10-20 in NAV Three Tier
If you have PartnerSource access, you can download this Marketing Beta there: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... AV2009.htm

No NDA over this VPC... ;-)
Kamil Sacek
MVP - Dynamics NAV
My BLOG
NAVERTICA a.s.

Comments

• garakgarak Posts: 3,263Member
    Thanks kine \:D/ , and now we "Klick download" and wait for the 4.68GB- VPC Image

:whistle:
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • davmac1davmac1 Posts: 1,277Member
    I downlaoded all the links (still running). The only bad link for me was the pricing FAQ document. Has anyone else had problems accessing it?
  • SavatageSavatage Posts: 7,140Member
    i'm getting a 1550 KB/sec transfer rate approx~1hr

Update transfer rate now at 2500 KB sec - sweet
  • SavatageSavatage Posts: 7,140Member
    davmac1 wrote:
    I downlaoded all the links (still running). The only bad link for me was the pricing FAQ document. Has anyone else had problems accessing it?

NO problems - try it again
    after 15. minutes i got it. Now on weekend, the wife isn't here, it's testtime :D
  • DenSterDenSter Posts: 8,125Member
    Look for the adg, that has TONS of good information in it, including some very informative walkthroughs about how to create pages.
    yupp, there are also nice HowTow in the image.
    A good starting point.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Posts: 5,063Member
    I get shivers downloading this stuff. Can't wait to run through the click-through.
    The UX guide is useful material too, to get familiar with what the page elements are called, and then the new ADG can tell you how to get them there.
  • ssinglassingla Posts: 2,973Member
    size has increased ..................
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    That's not always a bad thing sandeep :wink:
  • clauslclausl Posts: 455Member
    DenSter wrote:
    Look for the adg, that has TONS of good information in it, including some very informative walkthroughs about how to create pages.

I just created a blog post of the icons which you can use in the RoleTailered client which you might find useful.
    Please find it here: http://blogs.msdn.com/clausl/

Regards,
    Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • kinekine Posts: 12,562Member
    Excelent Claus!

It will be very handy...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • WaldoWaldo Posts: 3,412Member
    Indeed. It's already in my "favorites" :-)

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    clausl wrote:
    I just created a blog post of the icons which you can use in the RoleTailered client which you might find useful.
    Please find it here: http://blogs.msdn.com/clausl/
    Sweet :mrgreen: thanks Claus, and keep them coming please
  • BeliasBelias Posts: 2,993Member
    :-k
    what license I need in order to create a new page?
    my dev license does not work (pages does not exist in 5.01 :mrgreen: )
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    Our 004 license works without problems... (ok, I refreshed the license with Microsoft few days ago ;-), but it worked before too)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Once your development license is updated you should have access to all object types.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Posts: 5,454Member
    Just so I understand this clearly:

This Marketing beta. What are the NDA limits on this?

I can Blog and talk about it - OK,

but can we actually show it to a customer? There does not seem to be any limitations at all in the documentation. Does this mean that Potential customers also have access to it?
    David Singleton
    as far as i know, you can show it to customers, indeed it is called "marketing" beta
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    You can present it, but Microsoft wants to keep the sell momentum for NAV 5.0SP1 in countries of Group 2 and 3 and not to "disturb" them by new version... :-) There was text like "present it when there is reason..." 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BlackTigerBlackTiger Posts: 1,218Member
    For MS information:
    I think 95% of laptops sold by companies like Dell and HP (companies usually use this kind of PC as office workstations) have 1280x800 screens. Have you tested "order entry" process on such screen?

I have 1280x800 and 1440x900 screens... NAV2009 UI functionally sucks on both of them.

(sort of sad joke) Can I have THIS on NAV RT Client?
    2904510856_fd449b7d8d.jpg?v=0
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3226/2904510856_a001097516_o.jpg
    "You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them.
    By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.” Steve Jobs
  • ara3nara3n Posts: 9,231Member
    The screen above could be redesigned. You can move a lot of the noneditable fields to info panel.

They can still be on the one page, but the user can customize it to see only what they want. So the developer doesn't have to make everybody happy with one form.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    ara3n wrote:
    The screen above could be redesigned. You can move a lot of the noneditable fields to info panel.

They can still be on the one page, but the user can customize it to see only what they want. So the developer doesn't have to make everybody happy with one form.

Tell it to customer which want to "highlight" buttons by red colour! :)
    That form IS customer's REQUIREMENT, it's not developer's fault. And it's sad... Also I have an examples with "white on red" labels and text boxes. I'm collecting examples of stupidity.
    Look. Here is how maximized(!) Sales Order entry form looks on 1280x800:
    2906228843_3f0d75694d.jpg?v=0
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3218/2906228843_8a5ca0c04c_o.jpg

1. No way to resize "Lines" section.
    2. No way to navigate between "tabs" without a mouse (forget about standard "Ctrl+PgDn/Ctrl+PgUp" combinations).
    3. Many areas are not accessible by keyboard.

Also just compare areas used by "old fashioned" TabControl's "labels" and the new "cool one". No... unfortunately UI is not MS' strongest side...

And "The Ribbon"... Such a wasting of space... Yes, it looks nice, but... completely useless in terms of screen space optimization. BTW, how to change ribbon's colour? Where is "big button" like I can see in Excel and Word?

So don't forget to include minimum monitor resolution 1280x1024 in hardware specs.
    NAV's Ribbon:
    1. How to change ribbon's colour?
    2. Where is "Minimize the Ribbon" command located? Ask "Office Development Team" about this.

General (rhetorical) question:
    Where is Unicode support? Still no real "multilanguageability"?
    2. Where is "Minimize the Ribbon" command located? Ask "Office Development Team" about this.

here!disable the higlighted one!

BTW, i don't like the new UI very much, too.
    hoping that users will like it... [-o<

edit: d'oh, I just understand what do you intend for "minimize the ribbon...in that case... :|
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    edited 2008-10-02
    Ah, yes. Thanks!
    Also ribbon's colour depends on current Windows theme.

And...Hmmm... It sounds weird... Especially from me... :)
    But... I kind of... like NAV2009... Yes, I'm not happy about UI, but I like it... Weird... :-k
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Posts: 672Member
    My understanding is you can still use the old client UI (only SQL) en this UI. Am I correct?