Options

RAM Requirements for Windows Vista

13»

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Phenno wrote:

@David,
    you are right about chips in cars but they aren't so sofisticated yet to have a whole OS in it :)

Sure they do. I can interface mine to my Pocket PC, and reprogram whilst driving.

(And now we reeeeeaaallly are off topic). :oops:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    Phenno wrote:

@David,
    you are right about chips in cars but they aren't so sofisticated yet to have a whole OS in it :)

Sure they do. I can interface mine to my Pocket PC, and reprogram whilst driving.

(And now we reeeeeaaallly are off topic). :oops:

Ok, to end the offtopic, I'm officialy scared to sit in my car again :D
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    You'd be surprised. They put linux on everything nowadays ... :mrgreen:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Let's go bact ON topic ...

Someone already got VPC running on Vista (you can see this is the biggest issue for me)?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    Waldo wrote:
    You'd be surprised. They put linux on everything nowadays ... :mrgreen:

Remember the days when people put Windows in embedded controllers because Unix was too expensive. How times change. :?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Uff... monday afternoon... writing faster than PC can process. You know, sometime some bits are faster than another and this is the product... :D

You do not know 68bit? it is common 64bit + 4 bits of permissions (read, insert, modify, delete) - it is so called "Secure MS 64-bit model for Windows Vista...".
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Waldo wrote:

Someone already got VPC running on Vista (you can see this is the biggest issue for me)?

I just know that network drivers for VPC are not running under Vista and you are not able to connect the VPC to physical network.

And when I tried to install VPC 2004 on Vista, Vista shows dialog that this program is incompatible for this version of Windows....

Vista is supported in VPC 2007, which is in beta and you can test it. Try to connect on connect.microsoft.com and you can try this beta program... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I have installed the VPC 2007 right now and it is running! I am installing XP into the VPC... it seems like a way to have XP and Vista on my notebook...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    I have installed the VPC 2007 right now and it is running! I am installing XP into the VPC... it seems like a way to have XP and Vista on my notebook...
    And you have 1Gb in your Laptop? This is getting interesting.
    You know when VPC2007 comes out? The only thing I can find on microsoft site and blogs is "beginning of 2007" ... whetever that means.

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    I uploaded 2 new screenshots into my gallery. There is VPC 2007 wit WinXP running and you can see info in TaskManager. The VPC is taking just 36MB in RAM! (VPC is set for 256MB, maximum which I am able to select is 512MB). It means, that VPC tooks just as much memory as needed. Bottleneck for my notebook is the CPU which is nearly still on 100%...

(in the VPC is just IE running, I have no time to install something more...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks, man, that's really useful info for me. Wish I had the hardware to test all this :(

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    Waldo wrote:

Hmm... At Tech ED, all the stands had one PC with XP and one with Vista. Virtually EVERY machine (XP and Vista) was running VPC 2004. :-k
    David Singleton