Options

Boolean flowfield - Exist won't work?

Robert_EllsworthRobert_Ellsworth Member Posts: 19
edited 2003-04-07 in Navision Attain
I'm trying to use a boolean flag in a table, as both a means for representing whether or not comments exist for the record and to have an entry point to add to those comments.

The boolean is defined as a flowfield into a custom comments table using the Exist calcformula property. When I click on the boolean field, I get the following error:

The CalcFormula for the Comment flowfield in the <table name> table should start with 'Sum(...'.

I do not wish to display the # of comments. Is there something I am missing??

Thank you for your time,

Robert

Comments

• Options
    Jens_MadsenJens_Madsen Member Posts: 23
    Remember to set the fields property "Editable" to No.

Apart from that you're on the right track :)
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Check that Field in the Calculation Formula is empty when using Exists as method.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Robert_EllsworthRobert_Ellsworth Member Posts: 19
    Thank you. The editable flag prevents the error from occuring, but then that disables the ability to click on the field and have to drill down to the comments table I am making reference to. I guess I'll have to make a function to open the comments table window.

Thank you for your help,

Robert
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Thank you. The editable flag prevents the error from occuring, but then that disables the ability to click on the field and have to drill down to the comments table I am making reference to. I guess I'll have to make a function to open the comments table window.

Thank you for your help,

Robert
    We have done that :) it's not that difficult.
    On a Header/Line form, we have a function on the subform that is called in the OnPush trigger of the control of your boolean field (which is a checkbox on the subform). I believe Navision automatically does this when you put a boolean field on a form. In this function, you set the filter of your comment variable in filtergroup 2 (so the user can't change it) and open your comment form with the filtered variable.

Just click the boolean field in the form designer, press F9 and look for the OnPush trigger. That's where you want to start.

HTH,
    Daniel.