How to change tax (VAT) amount on sales line from code (BC SaaS)

samantha73samantha73 Member Posts: 96
edited 2021-12-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Guys
I have asked this question in another forum but haven't found a proper answer or why others haven't found this problem. When synching orders from web store like Amazon we need to change the tax amount per line to accommodate for rounding etc. And the statistics page where we do this in front end is a temp table. Has anyone got a solution if we are synching SO from API call?

Answers

• txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
    Hi,
    NAV uses VAT posting groups for calculating the VAT. I would suggest you to adjust "vat bus posting grup" in SO lines (if you are creating SO's)

I recall there was a field you could tell type="full vat" and you could tell that line is all VAT and exclude any vat from the other lines etc.

maybe this video will help, how to manually amend vat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBXttdf0byg

another one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSBdnznrPaE
  • samantha73samantha73 Member Posts: 96
    Yes we can adjust through front end but the issue is accessing the same logic from back end. I think I have to look for the code units behind as the statistics table is temporary. Other methods of setting vat prod/bus posting groups will not work as the main issue is rounding so you need to specify exact amount overwriting BC default
  • txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
    edited 2021-12-22
    samantha73 wrote: »
    Yes we can adjust through front end but the issue is accessing the same logic from back end. I think I have to look for the code units behind as the statistics table is temporary. Other methods of setting vat prod/bus posting groups will not work as the main issue is rounding so you need to specify exact amount overwriting BC default

Ths statistcs are calculated "on the go", when you press them.

I'm not sure if I understand why you need to adjust the rounding per line and document coming from amazon.

I'm not an expert in this area but when you create an invoice, you always do based on the VAT % you have to pay to that country, thats all.

Could it be the issue with currency rounding?