Options

Is Business Central enough

JlTJlT Member Posts: 18
We have a Customer running NAV 2016 today and we are discussing a fresh start in Business Central. One question that has come up is of Business Central is enough. In 5 years time they are planning to handle 50-100.000 sales orders a day. Any thoughts from You! who has ran large installations WorldShop be appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
    edited 2020-10-20
    Enough for what? for creating 50 to 100K ? yes. you can do that. But that´s very wide question.
    I suppose orders will come from some interfaces (EDI, FTP...)
    Just try to set job queues in proper times to prevent table locks.

• Options
    JlTJlT Member Posts: 18
    Yes I know it is a very general question. It's the way I was asked the question from the CIO. I have myself asked for more details regarding their requirements. But if I aske in this manner instead. What is the most performance optimized server setup for BC. I guess Saas is out of the question with DB limitation of 80 GB?
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Creating and posting 50k sales order per day also means that, on average, you'd need to create and post and 50k payments a day too, post payment applications, and if you're selling items you'd need to post 50k shipments, plus perhaps relevant warehouse transactions. Then there is the purchase side of it, maybe serial numbers/item tracking, item application posting on shipment.

This is going to be VERY, VERY challenging in BC, in my humble opinion.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03