Workflows

13»

Answers

• AluanAluan Member Posts: 158
    Can you share your existing Workflow once again? (Pastebin is fine.)

If we are talking about the field "Balance Due" in the Customer Card you need another Table Relation.
    36 (Sales Header) - Field 2 (Sell-to Customer No.) -> 18 (Customer) - Field 1 (No.)
    Not sure, maybe you want to use the Bill-to Customer No., depending on the requirement.

Additional you need to add a Line to the Dynamic Request Page Entity Table (1515)
    Table ID -> 36 & Related Table ID 18

With that settings you can select the "Balance Due" in the Workflow, so you are able to set a filter.
  • MBClarkeMBClarke Member Posts: 71
    Hi Aluan,

My original workflow on pastebin....https://pastebin.com/qU2EAECK

This one would first check the GP% then the credit limit of the customer and nothing else. What they now want is that it first checks to see if the customer has an overdue account, as per the soft warning one gets when creating a new SO and the customer balance is overdue, then it must check the credit limit...the overdue account and credit limit can happen at the same time as the responsible approve is the same group. Once that is approved or passes the test, only then should it check the GP% of the order.

So what was sent to check first in the original workflow now should be last, and overdue account then credit limit is first and second or at the same time.

The soft warning of an overdue account when creating a Sales Order:
    zsf32ozjjilj.png

Regards,
    Malcolm
    Okay,
    you maybe want create 2 Workflows.

One gets executed when the Balance Due > 0 and the other gets execute when the Balance <=0.

So if we take the existing Workflow.

Line 1:
    Change the Filter to Balance Due > 0

Line 2:
    no changes

Line 3:
    Modify the line, instead of
    "A customer credit limit is exceeded.", you set
    "A sales document is released." with your Gross Profit Filter <33%.

The response is like the other once.
    Add restriction, set document status to pending approval, create an approval request, send approval request.

Then you need the other lines, for an approval request is approved, rejected, canceled and delegated.

The second Workflow.

Line 1:
    Change the Filter to Balance Due <=0

Line 2:
    no changes

Line 3:
    no changes

Line 4:
    no changes

Line 5:
    same as above, add your Gross Profit Filter etc.
    Thanks Aluan,

I will work on this when I get the go ahead from the client.

A question to this then, do we not check credit limits then on the first workflow when the balance is >0? I guess that doesn't matter too much cause if they are overdue one would generally reject that approval or at least check the rest of the account.

For the second workflow, Line 5 is the 'An approval request is approved' for the credit limit portion. Is that where I set the filters then and not on line 1 as I currently have it?

Regards,
    Malcolm
    How do I set the 'Balance Due' filters when it is only looking at the Sales Header and lines.

Do I need to create a new table relation per your previous instructions?
    I didn't add it because i thought it's the same group, so you can skip that.
    the overdue account and credit limit can happen at the same time as the responsible approve is the same group.

If you need the check for credit limit in the first workflow, you can still put it below the balance check.

For the second workflow, isn't line 5 a sales document is rejected? Anyway, you need to add a new line, after "An approval request is approved". It's the same as in the first workflow. (Line 3)
    "A sales document is released." with your Gross Profit Filter <33%.

The response is like the other once.
    Add restriction, set document status to pending approval, create an approval request, send approval request.

Then you need the other lines, for an approval request is approved, rejected, canceled and delegated.

I added the new table relation as well as the dynamic request, but cannot see the field 'Balance Due' in my filters.
    1cwlq20pi4zx.png

b92xr72uvo0h.png

No option for the balance due from the customer
    Isn't there another register below the "Sales Line", there should be "Customer".
    If not, please check the Dynamic Request Page Entity again, or post a screenshot of the new line.
    I see where I went wrong, I had to add it as sequence 2 in the Dynamic Request Entity...now it is there

Using the 'Balance Due' field may not work for this, as that field is what is owed regardless of whether it is overdue or not. The overdue calculation is a flow field on the Customer entries using the due date.

Then you can do the same with the other table. Just add a Table Relation and a Dynamic Request Page Entity. :)