Install extension error: 'Newer version exists', but I can't see it

DarkosDarkos Member Posts: 4
I am trying to install an extension on a development database, when I get the error "Cannot install the extension {name} by {company} {version} because a newer version was already installed."

I uninstalled / unpublished the versions I found with Get-NAVAppInfo (non was higher than what I was installing).
I tried to both publish and install with both VSCode and just powershell - same result.

I have also raised the version number a couple of times. It shows the updated version number in 'Extension Management', but installation still not allowed.
Running multitenant...

I made a cronus database (without multitenant), copied the objects from my development base and published/installed the extension on the cronus. This works as expected!

Any ideas, that won't throw away the data?
BC130.28871

Answers

• SpySpy Member Posts: 1
    Hi Darkos,

I just jump into this issue.
    Simply produce a new GUID and replace the id in the app.json.

Using SQL query : SELECT NEWID()
  • kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    Uninstall and unpublish both allow you specify an exact version and tenant. I suspect you have the extension installed at a tenant level you don't expect - either default or a specific one, and you just haven't been able to get the uninstall and unpublish to remove it. Make liberal use of the -version and -tenant parameters.

p.s. Do NOT generate a new GUID as the previous response suggests.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    Newer versions are mentioning installations on another tenant and suggest to restart NST.

Can the error be right? The data version matters. Get-NavAppInfo - tenant xxx - tenantspecificproperties contains the data version. Probably raising the version can do.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    You can get a complete list of tenants with Get-NAVTenant. You can pipe that into a foreach loop and then see versions for the installed applications with Get-NAVAppInto.

$ServerInstance = 'BCProd'
    Get-NAVTenant -ServerInstance $ServerInstance | ForEach-Object {
    $tenant = $_.Id
    write-host $tenant
    Get-NAVAppInfo -ServerInstance $ServerInstance -Tenant $tenant
    }
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • DarkosDarkos Member Posts: 4
    I am so sorry. This was such an old question, and I never got back to your answers.
    I'm thankful for your suggestions, and I'm sure at the time I found a solution (and should have updated my thread)....

Trying to recall what happened, but it is long gone from memory :(
    Very sure I kept my guid, since I like my data to stay in the extension!