Options

Group visibility in report request page doesn't seem to work

ValentineMValentineM Member Posts: 2
Hi all !
I've been currently working on a report, and I'm trying to change the visibility of a certain group, here (we'll call it MyGroup):
cusqo6kahkju.png

I have a boolean parameter on another page (let's call it MyParameter). When MyParameter is TRUE, MyGroup should be VISIBLE.
I've created a global variable named PW_GV_myGroup_VISIBLE, which takes the value of MyParameter and put it in the VISIBLE property of MyGroup
g999dlft705t.png

(PW_GV_myGroup_VISIBLE is instanciated in OnOpenPage() trigger)
ui4hspct54th.png

I thought it would be working well, as it not the first time i've been doing this, but here is the error i'm getting
xogpcvwpunh7.png

I thought maybe something was wrong, so I tested the VISIBLE parameter with a boolean that has nothing to do with this named OptionBoth, but with this variable it works like a charm, wheter it is instanciated to TRUE or to MyParameter.
Technically, OptionBoth and PW_GV_myGroup_VISIBLE are just simple booleans and nothing seems to be really different between these variables.
I've tried other things, but it seems to be working very randomly. Even my much more experienced coworker can't understand why it's not working.

Has this error ever occured to anyone ?
(I tried to be as clear as possible, but this is my first post on the forum and english isn't my first language :blush: )

Answers

• Options
    lubostlubost Member Posts: 614
    You have to set parameter IncludeInDataset in global variables for this variable.
  • Options
    ValentineMValentineM Member Posts: 2
    @lubost Awesome, it works ! Thank you !
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!