Create a Custom workflow response to send notification mail

raja123raja123 Member Posts: 50
edited 2019-06-21 in NAV Three Tier
I want to send a notification mail to the user stating that the "request is approved". I'm using nav 2017.I'm thinking that creating a similar response like SendApprovalRequestForApprovalCode in codeunit 1521(Workflow response handling) with reverse functionality will help. Please give me suggestions.

Example:
User1 created a Purchase order and sends request to approver(User2). A notification Mail sent to User2
User2 Checks the mail and he approved. Now I want to send a mail to user1 with mail body ' Request is approved'.

Answers

• nikhil01993nikhil01993 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

One way of tackling this issue since you want to use a custom template for mail will be:

Create a custom table where entry for mails gets queued and send them using a report attached in job queue under NOTIFY category.

Now since you are using NAV 2017 there is functionality of Events and Subscriptions so you can subscribe to field trigger - Status-On Validate of table approval entry and create a mail entry in the new Email Entry table whenever Status changes from Open -> Approved.

This won't need any modification in standard code so you'll be safe.