The server "Server Name" was unable to process the request.

drstakzdrstakz Member Posts: 30
edited 2014-09-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi!

NAV 2013 R2
After NAV upgrade from first install disc up to last RoleUp upgrade (RU 10, ver. 7.1.37563.0)

The RTC has crashed when I use function "Help -> About this page".
Error message: "The server "Server Name" was unable to process the request. Close the application and start it again."

In the event log I found this message:
Type: System.UriFormatException
StackTrace:
at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.ALSystemOperatingSystem.GetUrlCore(NavClientType clientType, String company, NavObjectType objectType, Int32 objectId, NavRecord record, Boolean useFilter)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.NSService.GetServicesUrl(NavClientType clientType, NavObjectType objectType, Int32 objectId, NavRecordState recordState, Boolean useFilter)
at SyncInvokeGetServicesUrl(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.ServiceOperationInvoker.ErrorMappingCombinator(ServiceOperation innerOperation, NSServiceBase serviceInstance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
Source: System
HResult: -2146233033

I upgraded:
- NST
- RTC
- HelpServer
- ADCS

an idea, experience?

Thanks!

Comments

• peterz84peterz84 Member Posts: 8
    Having the same problem heren on NAV2016 now. Any solution to this problem?
  • andrewtandrewt Member Posts: 73
    Hi all,

altough this is an old entry, I would like to share that right now I'm experiencing exactly the same issue here on a NAV 2017 installation. When running "About this page" on the RTC Client, the Client crashes immediately. The event log shows the error message as described above.

NAV Version is DE 10.0.26396 (CU25) - altough I currently do not believe that this is a NAV bug or issue but more located within the OS or machine environment of the NAV Server.
    I do also have a second NAV installation on another NAV Server which doesn't show this issue. The Client for both environments is being executed from the same workstation installation.

Has anyone got to the ground of this issue meanwhile or at least have a hint at which direction I should look for further investigation...?

Many thanks in advance
    AndrewT
  • andrewtandrewt Member Posts: 73
    Hi Arhontis,

thank you for your reply.
    I did already found that old discussion where they identified the special french character in the server name but in our case, the machine name of the NAV Application server here does only contain regular lowercase characters and numbers so I really don't think that this is the reason for the issue in our case.

Thank you anyhow and best regards
    AndrewT