Options

See C/AL table changes in AL

idonavidonav Member Posts: 31
Hi,

Let's play with the thought that I have a table change made in C/AL, that I need to access from A/L. How would I do this?

My experience is that sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't.

Steps:

New AL project.
Download Symbols from Service.
Able to see table changes in A/L.

Again, sometimes it works, but sometimes VS code looses track of the field, and the extension won't compile.

Any suggestions or experiences?

Answers

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    When you change the table in C/Side you have to generate symbol:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/developer/devenv-running-cside-and-al-side-by-side

Then you can acces all of the new fields and functions.
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    idonavidonav Member Posts: 31
    edited 2018-12-13
    I've generated the symbols after my table changes, though, the error persists:

"The source of a Column or Filter must be a field defined on the table referenced by its parent DataItem [AL0345]"

Again, sometimes it works, (randomly), but most times it just displays the above error.

Added information: Running NAV 2018.

OK so I've tried running finsql.exe using generatesymbolreference=yes and half of the time it works, half of the time it doesn't Could there be some kind of delay?
  • Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    It sounds weird, I work on multiple NAV 2018 installations, and I have not seen it before.
    How is your service tier configured?
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.