Upgrade NAV 2013 to 2018

RodLoRodLo Member Posts: 4
Hi,

I'am upgrading an NAV 70 database to NAV 110. To make the porocess easier, I would like to start the process "Transfer Data" via c/al code for each company. The database have ~30 companies. I start the clients with 'Windows Script Host Object Model'.WshShell" automation variable and execute CODEUNIT.RUN(CODEUNIT::"Upgrade New Version"). But the process is running only for the first company. The first question is, is it possible to run this process in turn? And how I can say nav to execute the codeunit in the next company? Maybe there is a better way to do this?

Many thanks in advance

Answers

• ErictPErictP Member Posts: 164
  • RodLoRodLo Member Posts: 4
    edited 2018-10-24
    Thanks for your reply ErictP. If that´s the solution then I dont know why i did this step manuelly many times before. But you never stop learning :o
    This solution is for a nav 70 (or higher) database that has already been upgraded to 2013 (or higher) and is ready to be upgraded. But I have to complete the upgrade to nav 70 from nav 2009 R2. I dont know, maybe it´s possible to use the same PowerShell commads :|
    My first post was a little bit wrong, sorry. I have to transfer data from nav 2009 R2 to nav 2013 for ~30 companies.
  • swpoloswpolo Member Posts: 80
    Hi,
    I suppose you have choosen wrong way to upgrade.
    I would offer you to upgrade 2009 to 2015 first and then, upgrade to 2018.
    First step on 2009 Classic requires to click on each company. 2015 is already processing multiple companies on the fly.
    Otherwice you spent on upgrade( prepare steps) more time, comparativelly if you ask for this work from experienced guys.

Nav Upgrades and DEV outsourcing
    Reports transformation to RDLC
    List -1h , Complex List -3h, Document -4h (dev hours)
    navisionupgrade.com