Options

Optimizing list pages with flow fields

jkandikojkandiko Member Posts: 3
I noticed that having the completely shipped column on the sales order list page is a huge performance suck. Stock NAV for me (2015 with Cronus) sees 1289 reads just by sorting the Location Code column. Now, if I take out the Completely Shipped column, that number comes down to 28. I recognize that there will be an increase in reads by bringing in a separate table, but in our live database, the number of reads starts to become too large for good performance.

Have people rewritten this column to be more performant? Is there a key that could be added to the sales line table that could speed up the performance? Or should I just remove all the flow fields from list pages and put the computations into the fact boxes on the right?

Answers

• Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    You can check in SSMS what kind of index it proposes for this kind of query. Then check in NAV if there's a key group that you can activate to solve the issue. If not, you can create the key like proposed.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    The best performing solution is to remove flowfields form the page and put them in a factbox.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03