Options

Is it possible to do a daily import using the NAS of a csv file using XMLPorts in NAV 2009 R2?

We are still using the classic client and the NAS, but the webservice service is operational. (Dynamics NAV 2009 R2, build 39038)
I created a dataport to import the data manually and that works. Only after doing that work did I find out that the NAS cannot run dataports.
So, I've got to import the CSV data using an XMLPort, but I found several posts on the internet stating that using XMLPorts for non-XML imports does not work from the classic environment. And the NAS is 'Classic Client'. So, how do you set up an automated import of non-XML data?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    ftorneroftornero Member Posts: 522
    Sorry I forgot to say that with this line you get de first field in the line.

Value := UPPERCASE(Entry(1, Line, Sep));

You can convert the Value that it is a Text to the value that you are expecting,

To get de second field

Value := UPPERCASE(Entry(2, Line, Sep));

An so on.
  • Options
    ftorneroftornero Member Posts: 522
    Of course you don't need to UPPERCASE the Text, I copy and paste from a real report I have.
  • Options
    matthiasclaesmatthiasclaes Member Posts: 18
    ftornero wrote: »
    You can use a report, like this one

Regards

So basically, there is no solution using the built-in tools if you want to automate things?
    I'm a bit disappointed. Coding up something like this is like reinventing a wheel that has been invented decades ago.
    I can do it in a codeunit as well and avoid future classic -> rdlc conversion work.