Issue in Excel Buffer

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear Sir,

The following issue is occurred while users are trying to export data using Excel Buffer Table.

A call to Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Integration.Office.Excel.ExcelHelper.CallOpen failed with this message: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

But it's working fine in the NAV tier (system).

How to solve it.
Kindly reply.
Now or Never

Answers

• NavNabNavNab Member Posts: 181
    All users or some users ?

If "some users", have you tried to do a quick repair of Office in their machines ?
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Do you have Office / Excel installed on the user PC? Does it have the same bintess as the OS/ NAV client? (ie mixed 32bit Office on 64bit OS)
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    edited 2018-04-14
    NavNab wrote: »
    All users or some users ?

If "some users", have you tried to do a quick repair of Office in their machines ?

All users are facing the same, but when I do the same in NAV Server, it's working fine.

I have repaired the MS Office several times, but it does not solve my issue.
    Now or Never
    Do you have Office / Excel installed on the user PC? Does it have the same bintess as the OS/ NAV client? (ie mixed 32bit Office on 64bit OS)

All are same version.
    Now or Never
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    try this
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
    Thanks for your replies.....

I have noticed that the file is generated on the client PC silently but not able to open the same............
    Now or Never
    (Client) Systems is stuck in the below line of Excel Buffer Table.
    XlWrkBk := XlHelper.CallOpen(XlApp,FileNameClient);

Now or Never
  • YuryYury Member Posts: 59
    navuser1 wrote: »
    I have noticed that the file is generated on the client PC silently but not able to open the same............
    It means, that you can find generated file in temporary folder of ther users PC, can you?

Regards,
    Yury
    Yury wrote: »
    navuser1 wrote: »
    It means, that you can find generated file in temporary folder of ther users PC, can you?

Yes
    Now or Never
    Can you open it on the client machine directly from File Explorer?
    Regards,
    Yury
    edited 2018-04-14
    Can you open it on the client machine directly from File Explorer?

Yes, users are able to open
    Now or Never
    edited 2018-04-18
    Is it possible to compile Excel-related objects in user machine environment? As Slawek already said, it's probably different versions of libraries.
    Regards,
    Yury
    Is it possible to compile Excel-related objects in user machine environment? As Slawek already said, it's probably different versions of libraries.

Client has no developer Environment installed. BTW, client does not able to compile the Excel Buffer Table because client has few/one missing library..
    Now or Never
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The problem is if the machine has a newer version of Office and has been downgraded. NAV will call the latest version of the Office components since downgrading will not remove any of the settings in the reg keys.

You will need to go to regedit.exe and remove any keys related to office:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\