Issue in Excel Buffer

navuser1navuser1 Posts: 1,214Member
Dear Sir,

The following issue is occurred while users are trying to export data using Excel Buffer Table.

A call to Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Integration.Office.Excel.ExcelHelper.CallOpen failed with this message: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

But it's working fine in the NAV tier (system).

How to solve it.
Kindly reply.
Now or Never

Answers

  • NavNabNavNab Posts: 158Member
    All users or some users ?

    If "some users", have you tried to do a quick repair of Office in their machines ?
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Posts: 1,231Member
    Do you have Office / Excel installed on the user PC? Does it have the same bintess as the OS/ NAV client? (ie mixed 32bit Office on 64bit OS)
    Slawek Guzek
    PECB Certified Data Protection Officer - DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
    AXELOS PRINCE2 Practitioner - GR657010572SG
    "For a truly gifted programmer, writing code is a side effect of thought." Paul Ford.
  • navuser1navuser1 Posts: 1,214Member
    edited 2018-04-14
    NavNab wrote: »
    All users or some users ?

    If "some users", have you tried to do a quick repair of Office in their machines ?

    All users are facing the same, but when I do the same in NAV Server, it's working fine.

    I have repaired the MS Office several times, but it does not solve my issue.
    Now or Never
  • navuser1navuser1 Posts: 1,214Member
    Do you have Office / Excel installed on the user PC? Does it have the same bintess as the OS/ NAV client? (ie mixed 32bit Office on 64bit OS)

    All are same version.
    Now or Never
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Posts: 1,231Member
    try this
    Slawek Guzek
    PECB Certified Data Protection Officer - DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
    AXELOS PRINCE2 Practitioner - GR657010572SG
    "For a truly gifted programmer, writing code is a side effect of thought." Paul Ford.
  • navuser1navuser1 Posts: 1,214Member
    Thanks for your replies.....

    I have noticed that the file is generated on the client PC silently but not able to open the same............
    Now or Never
  • navuser1navuser1 Posts: 1,214Member
    (Client) Systems is stuck in the below line of Excel Buffer Table.
    XlWrkBk := XlHelper.CallOpen(XlApp,FileNameClient);
    
    Now or Never
  • YuryYury Posts: 57Member
    navuser1 wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies.....
    I have noticed that the file is generated on the client PC silently but not able to open the same............
    It means, that you can find generated file in temporary folder of ther users PC, can you?

    Regards,
    Yury
  • navuser1navuser1 Posts: 1,214Member
    Yury wrote: »
    navuser1 wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies.....
    I have noticed that the file is generated on the client PC silently but not able to open the same............
    It means, that you can find generated file in temporary folder of ther users PC, can you?

    Yes
    Now or Never
  • YuryYury Posts: 57Member
    Can you open it on the client machine directly from File Explorer?
    Regards,
    Yury
  • navuser1navuser1 Posts: 1,214Member
    edited 2018-04-14
    Yury wrote: »
    Can you open it on the client machine directly from File Explorer?

    Yes, users are able to open
    Now or Never
  • YuryYury Posts: 57Member
    edited 2018-04-18
    Is it possible to compile Excel-related objects in user machine environment? As Slawek already said, it's probably different versions of libraries.
    Regards,
    Yury
  • navuser1navuser1 Posts: 1,214Member
    Yury wrote: »
    Is it possible to compile Excel-related objects in user machine environment? As Slawek already said, it's probably different versions of libraries.

    Client has no developer Environment installed. BTW, client does not able to compile the Excel Buffer Table because client has few/one missing library..
    Now or Never
Sign In or Register to comment.