Options

Web Service cannot start

abinashphuelabinashphuel Member Posts: 18
In NAV17 environment I created Page Web Services following Walkthrough: Creating and Interacting with a Page Web Service (OData) (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh166960(v=nav.90).aspx).

But when I tried to run the web services can’t reach this page message is displayed in browser.
zpueog6ghw8r.png

PS. I have disabled firewall, set rule to allow the port (7048) and also checked on enable OData Services in NAV Administration.

1. In command prompt I wrote the following code and I found that port 7048 is listed as TCP and listening
netstat -an
2. When Write following in Cmd following outpot is shown
telnet host 7048
---> Connecting To host...Could not open connection to the host, on port 7048: Connect failed

How to start the web service?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    Check the port and servicename. Also localhost will only work if running Internet Explorer on the same machine that the NST is running on.
  • Options
    tirthankar_btirthankar_b Member Posts: 8
    Check the 'Host' file in the client machine you are opening the Web Page. Open the File and provide the Host Server IP in place of Localhost that might server your purpose.
  • Options
    RemkoDRemkoD Member Posts: 100
    edited 2018-04-05
    Have you checked the Windows Event Viewer Application Logbook? If you start the NST you should see an information event like:
    Server instance: DynamicsNAV100
    <ii>The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Data Service service is listening to requests at http://[FQDN]:7048/DynamicsNAV100/OData.</ii>

If anything went wrong during NST startup you should find an error in this logbook.
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    Is your Error Solved?
  • Options
    abinashphuelabinashphuel Member Posts: 18
    I checked and unchecked
    Change localhost to IP and in administration cross verify that SOAP Service and Odata are enabled.

Although I didn't change the IP, I tried to restart the services enabling and disabling OData, it suddenly works! (I tried it earlier but didn't work at that time).

Beside I tried with different browser and also create separate instance for OData only ( I can see the result at this time) .