Create a new user from the "job queue".

I am trying to create a new user from the job queue in Dynamics NAV 2017. And having the service tier user do the creating.
I have created a codeunit that to create the users.
But when the service tier user executes the job queue entry (and the codeunit), the following error occurs when the execution of the job queue entry COMMITs:
"You must assign at least one user the SUPER permission set and configure that user to log in with authentication type 'Windows', which is supported by the current server instance".
If I log in and executes the codeunit that creates the new users, all is fine and the users are created.
There are already many users/windows users in the "User table" with SUPER-permissions.
The service tier user is also "SUPER".
Is it not possible to have the service tier user create users in the user table (yable 2000000120)?

Answers

• JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    Maybe service user don't have permission to look up windows users in AD.
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog
  • frankmortensenfrankmortensen Member Posts: 42
    The error occurs at the very end of the job queue execution. So the function is executed without errors.
  • viljarpviljarp Member Posts: 3
    Hi! Have you fond a solution? We get the same error when removing permissions with Job Queue in NAV 2017 CU27.
  • frankmortensenfrankmortensen Member Posts: 42
    No. I never found a solution. Instead the customer was instructed in using powershell.
  • ian_schoian_scho Member Posts: 5
    edited 2020-09-18
    All users authenticated with Office 365 Authentication.

An ODATA service attempting to update a 50000 boolean field on the User table (ID 2000000120) generating the error: "You must assign at least one user the SUPER permission set and configure that user to log in with authentication type ‘AccessControlService’, which is supported by the current server instance." This service uses the Web Service Access Key, but with a new user with the NAV Password Authentication.

This is not a concrete solution but out of desperation we did the following:
    • In one user we created a Web Service Access key, marking it as does not expire.
    • With the same user we activated the NAV Password Authentication.
    • EDIT 2020-09-18: Created another user with the NAV Password Authentication, and adding the SUPER permission set.
    It doesn't make sense, I know. But we don't see the error anymore and I owe my colleague a coffee two coffees.