Multiple NAV2016 clients when running Objects from the Development Environment

chrisdfchrisdf Member Posts: 82
We used to have a very annoying problem when running objects from the Dev environment (new Client is spawned every time) which got fixed. It now seems to be back - certainly in 2016 CU3 but may have been in an earlier release.

Last time it was connected with multiple versions on the same PC - I only have 2016 + 2009 on the same PC.

Does anybody know how to get around this or do we have to wait for Microsoft to fix it again?

Best Answer

Answers

• SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    We currently have the same issue but with 2015 CU 15 without any other version installed. Interesting thing is that on my notebook with 2015 CU 15 and 2016 RTM in parallel all works fine. Any issues with the latest binaries probably. Will wait for CU 16 and check again.

Anyone else with the same problem?
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    Did you tried solution from here:https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2014/02/24/installing-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2013-r2-side-by-side-with-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2013/

It is for NAV2013 but with same issue so maybe script could be altered to cover NAV2015 too
  • chrisdfchrisdf Member Posts: 82
    Yes, I saw this other script but it has not been a problem since that time with all of the subsequent releases - it has only just come back - I think in NAV2016 CU2...
    edited 2016-02-02
    In my case it could be fixed with the mentioned regasm. First time I tried that (before my first post), autocomplete provided me the wrong DLL and I didn't notice. The difference between the 2 installations: One was installed with CU 15 and the working one was patched to CU 15 :-)
    Cheers
    Carsten

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
    I have raised this with Microsoft, so they are aware now.
    Cheers
    Carsten

• chrisdfchrisdf Member Posts: 82
    Just installed CU4 - same issue :(
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    I do not install any version (Client and Service) on my laptop. But I installed web client only (2013,2013R2,2015,2016). I copied all clients and services. But I can open all of version (2013,2013R2,2015,2016) but haven't test 2009. I run Reg script file for 2013. I don't use Administration Tools.
    Make Simple & Easy
  • mikmik Member Posts: 79
    Are there any news on this topic? Installed 4 NAV2016CU4 Services side-by side and discovered this issue.

With kind regards
    mik
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Applied Chris solution today on 2016 CU 3 and works as a charm. Thanx guys.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • thludwigthludwig Member Posts: 1
    Ivan brought me to this thread. Chris solution worked perfect for me to, thanks for sharing.
  • darvandarvan Member Posts: 2
    Hi. Chris solution worked like a charm. Thanks alot!
  • mokelok@mail.rumokelok@mail.ru Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Chris solution works with 2016 CU 2 aswell!
    Many thanks! :)
  • sylvainroysylvainroy Member Posts: 12
    Solution also works for 2013 R2 ! Thanks !