Options

RTC opens db correctly, but change server throws error...

zacrzacr Member Posts: 19
edited 2010-10-05 in NAV Three Tier
I have a weird situation. A client has a 2009 database running under SQL Server 2008. The NAV Service is running on the same machine, which is called 'mssqlone'. RTC runs perfectly on that machine and refers to the machine as 'localhost'.

RTC is installed on a second machine. When RTC starts up, it properly opens the database and everything works fine. If the user tries to change servers, this message pops up: "The server 'mssqlone:7046/DynamicsNAV' is currently not available".

The connection to the service is severed and the RTC closes.

I've looked in the ClientUserSettings.config file and it has the correct server name and port, which it should since RTC connects when it is opened.

I don't understand why I can't even select Change Servers without getting an error message. Any ideas?

(Thanks in advance.)

- Zac

Comments

• Options
    beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    Look at the event log entries both on mssqlone and the other one. There could be more information there.
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    vedant18vedant18 Member Posts: 22
    hi

Go to Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service.. than select its properties and than select Logon tab.. In this can u tell me what is Id over that?

1)In this if your database is on another PC and if your current user Domain and that database server domain is different than this might be case,
    2)If both are on different pc and both are in same domain and In LogOn if ID is NTNETWORKSERVICE than you have to change it to current user.

Senior NAV Developer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
  • Options
    All41All41 Member Posts: 1
    We fixed a similar problem when we made sure that the build version of the NAV Service matched the RTClient.
    Not the best error message we have found but matching the builds worked for us!