Normal Field v. FlowField Display in RTC

matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
edited 2012-07-04 in NAV Three Tier
I have two boolean fields. One is a normal field, one is a flowfield. In the RTC the normal field shows as a checkbox and the flowfield shows as text (Yes or No).

I don't really care which way they display as both are not editable, but I'd like it to be consistent. I don't see any properties in the table, form, or page for this. Did I miss one or is there a way?

Answers

• freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    The decision about Yes/No vs. Checkbox is taken by the client and you cannot affect that - sorry.
    In factboxes both will be yes/no (as far as I remember) and in lists and cards, they will be checkboxes if normal fields and Yes/No with drilldown opportunity on Flowfields (cannot drill down on a checkbox) and we tried to have Yes/No comboboxes instead of checkboxes - that really didn't come out very well.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    That's unfortunate. It kind of makes the page look....un-clean? Like care was not taken by the developer. Hopefully it will be fixed in the service pack.
  • freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    I will pass that information to the UX guys.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • gerdhuebnergerdhuebner Member Posts: 155
    Has not been fixed in NAV 2013 beta.
  • IvanBIvanB Member Posts: 17
    Need to set the DrillDown = False (in properties for field)