Options

Employee Portal -> Communication error (10121)

P@MP@M Member Posts: 6
edited 2008-06-15 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi,

I am installing Navision 4 with Employee Portal. I have install Navision 4 SP1 and Employee Portal. When I modify the web part, the message following is display :
Communication error (10121) : Unable to write to job queue.

What is the problem?

With Best Regards,

Pierre-André
MASSON Pierre-André

Comments

• Options
    SteveOSteveO Member Posts: 164
    Check that the Job Queue exists and also that the User has permission to write to the queue (I can't remember which User, I think it might be the User from the Application Pool in IIS)
    This isn't a signature, I type this at the bottom of every message
  • Options
    cgundersoncgunderson Member Posts: 3
    I am having the same issue. however, I cannot locate a job queue. Could you please direct me to this queue.
  • Options
    aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    I am having the same error--> error 10121.
    kindly help me out.If u want any clarifications ,kindly revert.
    following is the exact message"

Communication error (10121): Unable to write to job queue. FormatName:DIRECT=OS:COMPUTERNAME\private$\nep_request_queue
  • Options
    aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    SteveO wrote:
    Check that the Job Queue exists and also that the User has permission to write to the queue (I can't remember which User, I think it might be the User from the Application Pool in IIS)

can u please guide me that how job queues are created.??
    Thanx in advance
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi all,
    there are three main accounts that may write to the job queue:
    - The user with whom the IIS application pool of the Sharepoint site is running
    - The user who is logged on into the portal
    - The anonymous account

The last one is used of the job queue is on a remote machine and you have a non-domain environment.

Therefore the quity easy and straight forward way (not the best in concerns of security):
    Add "Everyone" and "Anonymous Account" to the security of the queue (using computer management snap-in in Windows, section "Application and Services" -> "Message Queue") and give them full permissions.

HTH,
    Rainer
  • Options
    katja1989katja1989 Member Posts: 21
    Done ... given them all full access (domain administrator, everyone, local account, ...)

without any success :(

still having the same error

any suggestions?
  • Options
    VJVJ Member Posts: 2
    You need to create the queues yourself as part of the private queues in the system. Did you do that ?
  • Options
    katja1989katja1989 Member Posts: 21
    Rightclick "My Computer" - "Manage" - "Services and Application" - "Message Queues" - "Private Queues"

-> nep_ reply_queue / private$\net_reply_queue
    -> nep_request_queue / private$\net_request_queue

my entries in the web.config are:

<add key="JobQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=OS:moss2\private$\nep_request_queue" />

<add key="ReplyQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=OS:moss2\private$\nep_reply_queue" />

and the entries in NAV are:
    moss2\private$\nep_request_queue
    moss2\private$\nep_reply_queue

entered correctly?
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

no, the entries are not correct - assuming that you really have posted them as they are in NAV.

Important task 1:
    Depending on the environment, the queues where something has to be processed must always be local!
    This means:
    - The Job Queue has to be on the machine where the NAS is installed
    - The Reply Queue has to be on the machine where MOSS / WSS is installed

Important task 2:
    Formatname of queues:
    - Either you use the short name - this can only be done when the queue is on the local machine
    - Or you have to use the COMPLETE pathname (including the part FormatName=...

Therefore in your situation where i think everything is running on one machine, just always use the short names.

Therefore:
    - NAV Configuration:
    .\private$\nep_request_queue
    .\private$\nep_reply_queue

- WSS Configuration:
    <add key="JobQueues" value=".\private$\nep_request_queue" />
    <add key="ReplyQueues" value=".\private$\nep_reply_queue" />

HTH,
    Rainer