General Journal Posting Errors

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I'm having a few problems trying to post a general journal. It's quite a large journal with varying account types (G/L, Vendor, Customer, Bank Account) on varying posting dates, but the total does balance. I'm getting 3 error messages in particular that I'm not sure of how to address :

- JNL00538 posted on 01/12/07 must be separated by an empty line
- The combination of Vendor and Gen. Posting Type Sales is not allowed
- The combination of Customer and Gen. Posting Type Purchase is not allowed

The second 2 messages occur on G/L Account transactions which confuses me. I think I basically need some help on the posting rules for general journals.

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142

I would think that a customer should have a Gen Posting Type Of Sale
    and a Vendor should have a Gen Posting Type Of Purchase. Should the column and change them else check to see if it set on the customer/Vendor card that way for those particular accounts
  • Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, think I've solved the issues with :

But I'm still confused with :

- JNL00538 posted on 01/12/07 must be separated by an empty line

This error doesn't occur when the 'Force Doc. Balance' is not ticked on the Journal Template record.
  • glenn25glenn25 Member Posts: 1
    I really agree to your viewpoint regarding the journal posting.Even I was also confronting with this type of circumstances.However,I want to include that In this era of the 21st century technology enhanced and every work went digital in sectors.The work process went fast even regarding the processing of payroll in all the sectors.Previously it was very time consuming and hectic.However,for a couple of months I have been facing a compliance issue regarding my enterprise payroll.I am particularly well aware that It is essential that any organisation’s payroll system comply with the country’s laws as well as other employee related requirements. ‘Good corporate Governance’ has become more of a necessity now than an option. Also organizations might have to pay a high price for non-compliance. Payroll providers have to monitor changes in legislation at all levels continuously, to ensure all payroll processes comply with the changes. I have consulted and tried out for the Best tax consultants in UAE .They helped us a lot.Suggest us if the are anything else to be included regarding it.