NAV Service start error

KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
We're facing a issue that NAS Service doesn't start.

System events error:

La sesión Microsoft Dynamics NAV Application Server para el inquilino 'default' tiene un error permanente y no se reiniciará. Motivo: Type: System.ArgumentException
StackTrace:
en System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
en System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
en Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.XmlMetadata.MetadataProvider.LoadLanguages()
en Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.XmlMetadata.MetadataProvider.GetLanguageIdByAbbreviatedName(String abbreviatedName)
en Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NCLCaptionStrings.CreateNCLCaptionStrings(String captionML, String defaultValue)
en Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NCLMetaTable.AssignFromMetaTable(MetaTable metaTable, Boolean databaseConvertedFromNav2013)
en Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NCLMetaApplicationObject.Populate()
en Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NCLMetadata.GetMetaApplicationObject(ObjectType objectType, Int32 objectId, Boolean requireCompiled)
en Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavRecord..ctor(ITreeObject parent, Int32 tableId, NCLMetaTable metaTable, Boolean isTemporary, NavRecord sharedTable, String companyName, SecurityFiltering securityFiltering)
en Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSession.GetPersonalization()
en Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSession.Open(Boolean useUserPersonalization, Byte[] licenseToUse)
en Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavApplicationServer.<RunOnceAsync>d__b.MoveNext()
--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción ---
en System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
en Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavApplicationServer.<StartAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
Source: mscorlib
HResult: -2147024809

Best Answer

Answers

• guidorobbenguidorobben Member Posts: 157
    this database has been opened with a new version of NAV
  • KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    this database has been opened with a new version of NAV

No, we're only moving data and dynamics nav to new servers.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Try Disabling the task scheduler in NST settings and see if it has any impact
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
    Also it is just a gut feeling, reading the error stack above: may it be related to different regional settings between the machines? Ie you have some your old machine setup for particular region/country/language, and this is different on the new box?
    Slawek Guzek
    Try Disabling the task scheduler in NST settings and see if it has any impact

What do you mean with NST?
    NAV Service Tier. The thing you connect to with your RTC client.

What NAV version are you on?
    Slawek Guzek
    NAV Service Tier. The thing you connect to with your RTC client.

What NAV version are you on?

2015. I've observed that the first time I try to enter as client, it throws an error message that close the application but then I've no more problems in client mode. So, I guess that maybe it's in NAS where I found the problem but maybe it more general that I thought.
    2015. Ignore my post regarding Task Scheduler - it does not exist in 2015.

I have googled for GetLanguageIdByAbbreviatedName and found this. It looks like you migh need to apply platform cumulative update to get it working...

It looks like the same issue, it will check that; thanks.
    edited 2018-03-23
    2015. Ignore my post regarding Task Scheduler - it does not exist in 2015.

I have googled for GetLanguageIdByAbbreviatedName and found this. It looks like you migh need to apply platform cumulative update to get it working...

Finally it was the version, I guess the previous partner has copied some files without upgrading