Problem running Nav 8 (39663) on Win 10

Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
edited 2015-09-22 in NAV Three Tier
Can anyone help :?: :?: :?:

Recently upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8 and now my RTC install of Nav 8 (39663) will not run.

The service appears to be started, port sharing is on but I keep getting the following:
The Server "DynamicsNav80" was unable to process the request. The application will close

Event viewer doesn't seem to help (or not when I google this problem), but here is the dump from event viewer.....

Server instance: DynamicsNAV80
User: xxxxx\xxxx.xxxx
Type: System.ArgumentException
StackTrace:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.XmlMetadata.MetadataProvider.LoadLanguages()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.XmlMetadata.MetadataProvider.GetLanguageIdByAbbreviatedName(String abbreviatedName)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NCLCaptionStrings.CreateNCLCaptionStrings(String captionML, String defaultValue)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NCLMetaTable.AssignFromMetaTable(MetaTable metaTable, Boolean databaseConvertedFromNav2013)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NCLMetaApplicationObject.Populate()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NCLMetadata.GetMetaApplicationObject(ObjectType objectType, Int32 objectId, Boolean requireCompiled)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlMetadata.GetHashesFromTenantQuery()
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlMetadata.GetTableIdsAndHashFromDatabase(NavDatabase database)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlDatabaseSync.GetChangedTableIds()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlDatabaseSync.GetPendingTableChanges(Boolean forceUpdate)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlDatabaseSync.CheckTableInSync(Int32 tableThatMustBeInSync)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlIsamQueryCommand.FindEqual(NavDatabase database, RecordIdProviderRequest request)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.SqlTableDataProvider.TryGetByPrimaryKey(RecordIdProviderRequest request, ReadOnlyRecordBuffer& recordBuffer)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.DataAccess.InternalTryGetByPrimaryKey(RecordIdCacheRequest request, MutableRecordBuffer& recordBuffer)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.RecordImplementation.FindRecordWithoutCheckingValues(DataError errorLevel, NavValue[] primaryKeyValues, FiltersAndMarks filtersAndMarks, Boolean useRecord, Boolean cacheOnly, Boolean calcAutoCalcFields)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.RecordImplementation.GetRecord(DataError errorLevel, NavValue[] values)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavRecord.ALGet(DataError errorLevel, NavValue[] values)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSession.GetPersonalization()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSession.Open(Boolean useUserPersonalization, Byte[] licenseToUse)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.NSService.OpenConnection(ConnectionRequest connectionRequest)
at SyncInvokeOpenConnection(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.ServiceOperationInvoker.ErrorMappingCombinator(ServiceOperation innerOperation, NSServiceBase serviceInstance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
Source: mscorlib
HResult: -2147024809

Only results I managed to find were suggestions on duplicate keys, but I never got this on win8 with the exact same DB, and exact same NAV exe?

Any ideas where to look ?

Many thanks in advance

Dean.
Remember: Keep it simple

Comments

• Jens_M-PJens_M-P Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 39
    From your description it sounds like one of the issues that are fixed in the upcoming CU for Nav 8. The underlying reason (in case you are interested) is that Win10 contains duplicate 3-letter language codes, and the code was not prepared for that.
    Best regards,
    Jens Møller-Pedersen [MSFT]

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    Hi Jens,

YES I AM INTERESTED :lol:

So is this a regional settings issue in win10 or a captions issue in NAV ? (or both maybe?)

It just so happens that I noticed something odd when I clicked on my Language preferences in the taskbar.... (check the screen grab in the attachment)

Regards,

Dean,
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • SambSamb Member Posts: 18
    Did this get resolved. I have a client that is trying to run the same build of NAV 2015 on a Windows 10 machine. The Service Tier is not running.
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    Samb wrote: »
    I have a client that is trying to run the same build of NAV 2015 on a Windows 10 machine.
    This is not going to work, as at least Build 42951 (CU 12) is required for Windows 10.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2015/10/12/cumulative-update-12-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2015-has-been-released/
    Kai Kowalewski