Options

Link G/L Entry with Item-number

pn7pn7 Member Posts: 17
Hi

I have a problem where I need to export an xml-file from G/L Entry and some how generate one field from Item no. if one has been used.

I'm aware that if for example a sales invoice uses multiple items which shares same dimension set-id, the G/L entry will be combined to one entry.

Is there a effortless way to link G/L entry to Value entry? Most painless way must be create a dimension out of Item no. and and make it mandatory to every item posting?

Br,

pn7

Answers

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    GL entries will be one to one to the Value entry, for the PL side of a sales transaction, so that should not be a problem. You can add Item No. as a field in the GL Entry and update this at posting time.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    pn7 wrote: »

I'm aware that if for example a sales invoice uses multiple items which shares same dimension set-id, the G/L entry will be combined to one entry.

Is there a effortless way to link G/L entry to Value entry? Most painless way must be create a dimension out of Item no. and and make it mandatory to every item posting?

Yes, creating default dimensions against each item no. using the item no. itself will force the G/L entry postings to be split - although you should set them up as "Same Code" instead of mandatory.

An alternative option is to force the posting to always split - you can do this with just a couple of lines of code. Have a look in codeunit 80 - fixed asset lines are always split, from memory I think there is an integer which gets incremented and then gets assigned to a field called "Fixed Asset Line No." - just do the same, this field is only used for that purpose.