Options

NAV 2013 - An Open Letter to the NAV Dev. Team

123457»

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    One thing that would help is when you are typing a record that is linked to another table and the DropDown down opens up, it would be nice if the shortcut keys worked there instead of hitting advance first with mouse first then using shortcuts. So you could go to the card of the record much faster.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Maybe you didn't understand my request. During find as you type the DropDown shows with records. And it would be nice to click Ctrl+Shift+E to open the card for the record in the dropdown before hitting advanced.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Please keep this feedback comming in a constructive way.

This is good feedback.

Microsoft is reading this and I am in communication with them about certain issues in this thread.
    Couldn't help but wonder what happened lately. This thread alone is running for s i x t e e n months now. They haven't been listening since 2008 at least, I suppose. So what happened? Did something happen? Oh, and nothing of what has been discussed here has been fixed btw. When they start listening now, how long will it take to actually fix things?
  • Options
    vasjavasja Member Posts: 19
    Kowa wrote:
    vasja wrote:
    I found out that I cannot show vertical lines in tables in Nav2013 - lines that separate cells from each other. For the last couple of days I watched my users missing cells because they dont know WHERE THE COLUMN IS. This is ridiculous. Can you imagine excel without vertical lines?
    I suppose that you mean NAV 2013 R2, since NAV 2013 still has them. Apart from that, I totally agree. It is an appalling situation that you have to tell the company accountant who is making his way through an endless confetti of numbers in rows and columns in worksheets and analyses each day of the week that these were removed, for no apparent reason. If these are not visible by default, there should be at least a property to reactivate them where you need these.

It was present in Nav 2013 but removed from Nav 2013R2?!?!?! This is not very promissing. I will try as a customer to ask Microsoft directly to fix this because this is A BUG.

Makes me wonder - it seems Nav 2013 is made to be watched not to be used.....
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    vasja wrote:
    Makes me wonder - it seems Nav 2013 is made to be watched not to be used.....

Funny :) a customer made the same statement today. But we both concluded also that it was a good decision to upgrade. New time registration and assembly modules.