backing up data error in sql 2005

AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
Hello,

My original database is in native. Now I want to make it in SQL 2005.
In native backup restore works fine.
But once I restore the data and try to backup from sql it gives me (The error (1190 in module 19) ...).
So, then I restored the prepared backup in native and tried backup worked fine.
Is it because of the collation?
My sql database is with windows collation and "Validate Code Page" is unchecked.

I went through migration objects which checks the data and there was no error at all.

How can I make it work. There is something different between native and sql.

Any ideas appreciated,
Amaraa

Comments

• ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    Does this link help? It doesn't provide a quick fix, but an answer none the less.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    AAs Shedman points out that link explains the error. It is very likely to be either a codepage error, or a case error. For example some characters such as ì -> Ì (an i with a reverse accent) convert to different uppercase in windows and Native databases.

To fix this you should locate the incorrect conversion in the Native database and change it to something else.

The most likely place to find the error is in a fields like Customer Search Name or Vendor Search Name.
    David Singleton
  • AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    Shedman wrote:
    Does this link help? It doesn't provide a quick fix, but an answer none the less.
    yes, I checked that and I checked my data.
    There were no character with any other accent.

By my sight the data in that row was ok.

Could it be some other issue?
  • AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    Is there any collation difference in sql and native?

Maybe I'm giving wrong understanding.
    So, what I want to do is navision backup from sql database. nav backup works fine with the native db.
    What could cause the problem???

Please, give me a hint
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Amaraa wrote:
    Is there any collation difference in sql and native?

Maybe I'm giving wrong understanding.
    So, what I want to do is navision backup from sql database. nav backup works fine with the native db.
    What could cause the problem???

Please, give me a hint

You know an error message might help. Are you being lazy or is it some big secret. You want help but wont tell us what's wrong. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    David Singleton