Error message when connecting to Navision database server

DhaneeshaDhaneesha Member Posts: 62
We have installed Microsoft Business Solution Navision 4.03 (Database Server), but we are having a problem when trying to open the database on the server itself using Navision client.

We have already changed the host file according to the server name and ip address.

ERROR MESSAGE:

"The network is not functioning correctly. A 'packet' has been corrupted(a checksum error).
This error indicates that the network is not completely reliable"

Please find attached the error message we got.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]

Try opening the DB with 127.0.0.1 or localhost. This makes sure you remain on the server. Make also sure you use TCP and not TCPS.

If this works, it could be a problem with your network card.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• DhaneeshaDhaneesha Member Posts: 62
    I had already tried entering the ip address in the server name field and used TCP when connecting to the database, but the problem was the same.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Dhaneesha wrote:
    I had already tried entering the ip address in the server name field and used TCP when connecting to the database, but the problem was the same.
    But did you try 127.0.0.1 or the 'real' TCP/IP address?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• rsnavrsnav Member Posts: 5
    Amendment to kriki's proposal: if you try this you'll have to start the Navision client on the machine that runs the Navision Server.
    Ya have tried both the local host and the tcp/ip address, still same error.
    Hi all,

thanks for your help, I have been able to do the connection. It was a permission (fullcontrol) that needed to be given to the user using the folder where the database is situated.