Navision expert

2»

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    You'll have to be more pro-active about it than just posting that question in here. Most of the work you will have to do yourself.

Go to http://www.apics.org/default.htm to learn about industry standard terms. Research additional resources on the internet. Visit a library and see if you can find books. Call the local university and see if there is a class, maybe they can get you in touch with a professor who can give you tips on what books to get. Go to partnersource and download the course material. Find a senior consultant in your company and shadow them during a project.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Dear sirs,

am planning to develop my skills in Maufacturing module....... Can some one get me the complete standard process flow (means General idea)........ either by flow diagram or wat ever format..... can any one help me........... #-o expecting experts sugessions

If ever you saw the movie "Saturn 3", there is a scene where the bad guy plugs a probe into his head that directly connects hois brain to the robots mind (computer).

I think what you want is one of those devices, so you can by pass all the learning bits and just get the knowledge this way.

](*,)
    David Singleton
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Just like the Matrix movies. Lay down, stick a probe in your brain and 5 seconds later.... "I know Kung Fu!'
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Dear sirs,

am planning to develop my skills in Maufacturing module....... Can some one get me the complete standard process flow (means General idea)........ either by flow diagram or wat ever format..... can any one help me........... #-o expecting experts sugessions

Why are you asking these kinds of help on the forums? Don't you have anyone in your company to help you? Are you planning to implement manufacturing at a customer site and need a crash course?
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Why are you asking these kinds of help on the forums? Don't you have anyone in your company to help you? Are you planning to implement manufacturing at a customer site and need a crash course?

If this is the case my advice is: Don't.

If there's no one to help you that means your organization could easily get itself in over it's head and destroy it's reputation with a quickness.

My passport is valid... how long do you have? :)

Also... customers generally provide the process flows.. it's your job to determine if NAV can work with that and then implement it. Joining APICS is an outstanding idea. They have more supply chain learning materials than you'd ever believe existed! If your shop is new and wanting to do Mfg., it wouldn't be a bad move to join and start building a library.
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    I completely agree that these forums are not the right venue to be asking such open ended questions about expertise. It seems like people want to take the short cut to attain the requisite knowledge/experience.

southindian wrote:
    Dear sirs,

am planning to develop my skills in Maufacturing module....... Can some one get me the complete standard process flow (means General idea)........ either by flow diagram or wat ever format..... can any one help me........... expecting experts sugessions

I'm all for knowledge sharing and helping to answer peoples questions when I can - but for posts like this there's no way I'm going to share my thoughts as I'm not sure if the poster put any real effort into it.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I'm all for knowledge sharing and helping to answer peoples questions when I can - but for posts like this there's no way I'm going to share my thoughts as I'm not sure if the poster put any real effort into it.

I completely agree. And now for my ramble/rant, even though it's a little bit off subject.

Sometimes employees don't have anyone to turn to. It's all great if you work for a partner and have senior staff to ask questions. A lot of people, like me, work for an end user. So we post on the forums, rely on the people we knew when we did work for a partner. We do our best with what we have. When I first started NAV my bosses locked themselves in their offices all day and wouldn't even show me how the system worked.

It doesn't make these types of questions any better, but when you're asked to do something, be it a modification or finding the best way to do something in the system, and your company won't pay $175/hr for partner consultation, you don't have many places to turn. In fact I can count them on one hand.

Done now :whistle:
  • southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
    Sorry for irritiating u guys by asking such query........... Thanks for ur kind suggestions that u all have given till now ragrding this topic....... am closing this topic.......... Thanks once again
    Sorry for irritiating u guys by asking such query........... Thanks for ur kind suggestions that u all have given till now ragrding this topic....... am closing this topic.......... Thanks once again

Don't close the topic. Instead OPEN YOUR MIND.

The problem here is that you keep asking the same thing and getting the same answers and then asking for a differnt answerto the same question.

The answer is that there are no short cuts that are viable. The only short cuts for what you are asking are very expenise, and definitely not an option for you.

There are some very good recommendations given to you above, please take heed of them.
    David Singleton
  • hardik_shahhardik_shah Member Posts: 219
    Fall in Love with Navision.....u must do it..... :)
  • southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
    I never Felt like that Mr. David......... Dont take it in a worang way...... I got a very good suggestions from well to do experts like u....... I will try to apply and work it out on ur advice and suggestions to improve myself.......... Thanks once again
    I never Felt like that Mr. David......... Dont take it in a worang way...... I got a very good suggestions from well to do experts like u....... I will try to apply and work it out on ur advice and suggestions to improve myself.......... Thanks once again

\:D/ so maybe you have learn't something.

So now start learning, and don't expect ot know too much for at least 2-3 years of working with live customers in NAV. It is not going to magically happen over night.
    David Singleton