UPdate Editable in a table

NoelitNoelit Member Posts: 23
I want to enable editable property so as to run a report to slah zeros in NAV ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comments

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    edited 2008-07-24
    Please rephrase your question... What is it you're exactly trying to do? I assume CurrForm.TableControl.EDITABLE := TRUE; isn't working for you since you're posting this.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Noelit wrote:
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    I think you're annoyed with the fact you can't "slah zeros in NAV"? :mrgreen:

I agree with Xypher, you should rephrase your question (I also agree with the fact that "NAV is fun" :wink:, but anyway ...).

After wikipedia-ing it, I guess you mean "slashed zero", no? Then, I think using the font "Consolas", "Miriam", "Rod",... would be a possibility.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Noelit wrote:
    I want to enable editable property so as to run a report to slah zeros in NAV ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

wow... I had to re-read the question and responses to still not be able to figure out what he needs... :(
    Yeah, the "editable" property on a report is bothering me :-k

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • NoelitNoelit Member Posts: 23
    Waldo wrote:
    Yeah, the "editable" property on a report is bothering me :-k
    Pliz get this the thing is to slash some digits from the system using a report as the figures have gone to quadrillions so there are a number of fields in the ledger that are set on their property as editable NO so they are skipped when the report runs in the system.Look at this an retailer sales shoes for 300,000,000,000.00 a pair then what would the GL have at the end so to prevent an overflow we are cutting the digits by up to 6 zeros ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) =D> =D> =D> =D>
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If I understand correctly, you mean "removing zeros from the numbers by dividing them by e.g. 1000 to have smaller numbers able to fit into the editbox and not show them as ****** because the space. But the fields are non-editable and you are asking us if it is possible to edit these numbers through report?"

If it is what you mean, than answer is yes, you can edit these fields through report, but all depends on your license and if you are changing some standard fields, you need to know well what you are doing because all this can have big consequences...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    If I understand correctly, you mean "removing zeros from the numbers by dividing them by e.g. 1000 to have smaller numbers able to fit into the editbox and not show them as ****** because the space. But the fields are non-editable and you are asking us if it is possible to edit these numbers through report?"

If it is what you mean, than answer is yes, you can edit these fields through report, but all depends on your license and if you are changing some standard fields, you need to know well what you are doing because all this can have big consequences...

Thanks but the license is not an issue the thing is there fields like Amount in the Customer Table for example the property is set to No on Editable so when i run the report it does not slash the figures.NOTEThe figure have passed the area of 500 quadrillion and there can be an overfolw any time soon. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    There is a Divisor property for Controls in Forms and Reports, if you enter e.g. 1000 here it divides the amount displayed correspondingly. Don't forget to change the field caption to inform the user about it.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    The Amount field in the customer table is so you can enter an amount that is billed periodically (a subscription price, for example).

Why not change the property to editable. In fact It's <Yes> by default.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Noelit wrote:
    the property is set to No on Editable so when i run the report it does not slash the figures
    The editable property has no effect on reports. What are you talking about when you say "slash the figures"?
    StripeThrough?

I guess my assumption was not correct :(

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    Let me take a stab at this...

(maybe not for the solution but to better describe what I think this person wants.)

Noelit is attempting to run a ProcessOnly Report to slash 0's on large numbers (Overflow size) but the Report cannot do so if the field is set to Editable: NO.

(Am I right? Do I get a cookie? :D)
    Xypher wrote:
    Noelit is attempting to run a ProcessOnly Report to slash 0's on large numbers (Overflow size) but the Report cannot do so if the field is set to Editable: NO.
    Even if a field is not editable you can modify the field values in a report, provided the license allows the modification of the table. The customer license will not allow this for G/L entries (and lots of other ledger tables).
    Kai Kowalewski
    Well either I made myself look like a bumbling idiot twice in the same topic or by Kowa replying to my post I at least played a role in possibly bringing to light a license issue. (that had previously been brought up; Noelit might have not been aware of the latter mentioning of said issue? :-s)

Either way, I speak no further on this topic O:)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    how did "these numbers" (still unknown) get so large?

and even so is simply changing the value a responsibile move?
    what will it effect?
    I was thinking the same thing.... are you going to simply go through the entire database and dividing all decimal fields by 1000?
    Just a thought...
    IF Table.BigIntegerVar > ####### THEN BEGIN
      //***HACK & SLASH ZEROS!!*** (code here to make NewVar)
      Table.BigIntegerVar := NewVar;
      Table.BleedingZeros := TRUE;
      Table.MODIFY;
    END;

This may be the longest thread which everyone is trying to figure out what the question is. :)
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    Maybe the inflation in his country is so high, NAV can't handle those large decimals anymore. :-s
    edited 2008-07-24
    ajhvdb wrote:
    Maybe the inflation in his country is so high, NAV can't handle those large decimals anymore. :-s

No kidding... 300,000,000,000.00 for a pair of shoes!
    He should specify which shoes he means... :-k

Brand? Type (sports, ...)? Sexe?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Xypher wrote:
    ajhvdb wrote:

No kidding... 300,000,000,000.00 for a pair of shoes!

Sounds like rupiah...
    Anyway this large numbers matter is no joke...been enlarging a lot of fields & converting a lot of reports to landscape because of display purposes...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    If really every single amount has to be divided, the best way is to use the Euro Conversion Tool and adapt that for your country version. Every european database in the eurozone that was started before 2002 had to go through this.
    Kai Kowalewski
    Kowa wrote:
    Xypher wrote:
    Even if a field is not editable you can modify the field values in a report, provided the license allows the modification of the table. The customer license will not allow this for G/L entries (and lots of other ledger tables).

Guys the License is not an issue,all the relevant granules are there, its just that the Figures here are a bit wayward to most of you bcoz of yo economies.I can manually do the process of changing the property but was looking at a scenario where i can just change the property during runtime as what happens when a form using the Update editable property ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Once more.... the editable property of a field has NOTHING to do with whether you can modify the value through C/AL code. Even when a field is set to be non editable, you can still modify the value by programming it.
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    i suggest you enter a new currency RupiMln which is exactly 1000000:1 to rupi and then use RupiMln

:)
    My last crack.

Are you talking about the DecimalPlaces property?
    Alex Chow wrote:
    My last crack.
    You have more than one? :shock:
    :mrgreen:
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    A little off-topic:
    ajhvdb wrote:
    100% hit.

Inflation in Zimbabwe this year reached 2 200 0000 per cent (two million two hundred thousands). That's official Zimbabwe's government information. Unofficially it is expected to be bigger.

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
    Are there any companies in Zimbabwe that uses Navision? :-k