Inventory Ageing

n_c_balajin_c_balaji Member Posts: 34
Hi All,

Has anyone got an experience of developing Inventory Ageing reports in Navision. The Standard Navision ageing reports cannot be backdated. They run for the latest date and based on the "Remaining Qty" from the Item Ledger Entry.

I did manage to create some ageing report based on the Quantity field of the Item Ledger Entry. The totals are given properly whereas the ageing buckets seems to have a problem as there can be a lot of sales in a particular period where the age buckets appears in "Negative".

The only way I could look at it is to create an ageing report based on ILE and Item Application Entry. But the report will run super slow.

Has anybody got a solution for this??

With Regards,

N C Balaji

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    does the inventory Valuation Report give you what you need?
    n_c_balaji wrote:
    Hi All,
    Has anyone got an experience of developing Inventory Ageing reports in Navision. The Standard Navision ageing reports cannot be backdated.
    What good is an aging report that won't age??
  • n_c_balajin_c_balaji Member Posts: 34
    Hi Savatage,

The Item Age composition report in Navision runs for the Qty. in hand as on date and the age of those items.

The requirement is like this. The Ageing report runs for a closing date(Today or backdated). The report should calculate the "Qty. on hand" and the corresponding "age bucket" for the Item. I could manage to find the "Qty. on Hand" as it is the sum of the Qty on the closing date. But I am stuck with the Ageing bucket.

Any advise in this would be higly regarded.

Thanks in advance,

N C Balaji
  • n_c_balajin_c_balaji Member Posts: 34
    Hi Savatage,

Inventory valuation report does not have the required age buckets.

Thanks,

N C Balaji
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    n_c_balaji wrote:
    Hi Savatage,

Inventory valuation report does not have the required age buckets.

Thanks,

N C Balaji

Nope, you need to modify the report. We've modified the report to age by the buckets. It's not that hard, just look at the Inventory Valuation report and replicate its code.
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Does the problem of Date being changed when Items are being transferred between locations affect the aging report?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Yes, System will take the transfer date for calculating the ageing.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    In other words, the Aging or Inventory Valuation is meaningless since the original date when the Item was purchased is not available & document date changes every time the Item is transferred between locations.
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Isn't this a serious deficiency which standard navision should have taken care of in the 1st place?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    It would not be top of my "enhancement" request list.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    idiot wrote:
    Does the problem of Date being changed when Items are being transferred between locations affect the aging report?

You can modify the report to exclude transfers. In fact, that's exactly what we did. It's a one liner.

Maybe I should just upload the report to the downloads area... :-k
    Alex Chow wrote:

You can modify the report to exclude transfers. In fact, that's exactly what we did. It's a one liner.

Can explain how excluding transfers help? Do you go by the Remaining Qty or Open field?

I posted in another thread regarding a mod done previously by someone else on the document date for transfers in Item Ledger Entry. However it did not seem to satisfy the requirements.
    It seems like a bigger enhancement is required where the user must be able to select the batch of Items to be transferred, similar to the return process...
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

idiot wrote:
    Alex Chow wrote:

Can explain how excluding transfers help? Do you go by the Remaining Qty or Open field?

I posted in another thread regarding a mod done previously by someone else on the document date for transfers in Item Ledger Entry. However it did not seem to satisfy the requirements.
    It seems like a bigger enhancement is required where the user must be able to select the batch of Items to be transferred, similar to the return process...
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

If the transfers are excluded, the item aged would be based on the actual purchase receipt of the inventory. This would get you closer to the actual age of the inventory sitting in your warehouse.
    Alex Chow wrote:

If the transfers are excluded, the item aged would be based on the actual purchase receipt of the inventory. This would get you closer to the actual age of the inventory sitting in your warehouse.

But how do know whether there is remaining quantity?
    I have formed a vague idea of how to produce such a report, but it's going to be tedious...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

• luamlluaml Member Posts: 27
    Hi all, just wonder if transfer entry were to be excluded, how to print the aging report by location as we won't know where the stock is located at..
  • HarmeekHarmeek Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Use item application Entr and Item Ledger entry to Build Inventory aging Report.
    Regards,
    Harmeek