Options

CodeGenius Studio 2007 (Build 3.1.2784.12913)

2»

Comments

• Options
    CodeGeniusCodeGenius Member Posts: 40
    zeninoleg wrote:
    Thanks for the new version, looks good, however there is a thing that bugs me. When I enter SalesHeader. it brings up the window with the list of values, however then I type FunctionName (such name does not exist in the list and list goes blank) and press SPACE or ( or ; it replaces my SalesHeader.FunctionName; with SalesHeader.;
    In other words it does not accept the value that is not defined in the list and replaces it with the ; or ( and i have it set up so it pops up for the DOT. One of the solutions that I have found is to press enter after typing FunctionName and then it makes the window disappear and you can type anything but is is not very convenient to remeber to press enter every time......
    Thanks

Got your problem... I will fix this in the next update.
  • Options
    zeninolegzeninoleg Member Posts: 236
    Got your problem... I will fix this in the next update.
    Great!!! looking forward to it!!!! :D
    Best Regards,
    Oleg
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Very good, Gerard! Thanks a lot!

May I have a request? Could you make the font type and size of the template window configurable? Because I'd like to set it to the same as Navision (System and 14) because it's very readable and would fit more seamlessly.
  • Options
    Very good, Gerard! Thanks a lot!

May I have a request? Could you make the font type and size of the template window configurable? Because I'd like to set it to the same as Navision (System and 14) because it's very readable and would fit more seamlessly.

I can make it configurable. However, the system font is not supported by the .NET Framework (I actually wanted to use the system font). This has something to do with GDI that does not seem to support non true-type fonts. #-o

However, these things would be nice features as everyone has their own taste and ideas about these things.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    one "minibug": when i press enter to accept the autocomplete, the program deselects navision window, and when i get out of the c/al editor i have to click the mouse in order to continue.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
    CodeGenius Studio 2007 (Build 3.0.2774.11257)
    The Next Generation of CodeGenius Tools

Sleek New Look...
    CodeGenius Studio 2007 is the next step in Dynamics NAV development. It has enhanced features in almost every area. And ... it looks sleek too.

Enhanced Everywhere...
    The great features of previous versions remain and have been enhanced. Indenting, commenting, templates, CodeSmart, you name it and it has been modified. Configuring CodeGenius Studio is easier than ever with an intuitive UI and handy features, you can put CodeGenius Studio to your own hand.

Rebuilt from Ground Up...
    CodeGenius Studio 2007 was built from the ground up. No code was re-used. Everything has been re-written in C# using the latest technologies.

Backup and Restore...
    Making a backup and restoring your configuration was not available in previous versions. I have implemented a backup and restore option in CodeGenius Studio 2007.

More Configurable. .
    CodeGenius Studio 2007 is more configurable than ever. You can change all of the features. An example of this is CodeSmart. It was a static function library that contained all the Dynamics NAV methods and properties. They were stored in CodeGenius and you could not add, remove, or change anything. CodeGenius Studio 2007 comes with a fully loaded library of all the Dynamics NAV methods and properties that you can modify from within CodeGenius Studio. You can add other - handy - methods, snippets, keywords, or ever templates! Code Templates in CodeGenius Studio 2007 can fully integrate with CodeSmart. You can therefore make it possible to extend CodeGenius Studio 2007 the way you want it!

New Features...
    Ofcourse there are new features in CodeGenius Studio 2007 as well. Every now and then you need to program something with colors. Dynamics NAV does not have any easy way to select a color and give you the colorcode in integer format for the code editor. You always need to go somewhere else to obtain that code. CodeGenius Studio 2007 has added the Color Hotkey. The setup is located with the other hotkeys. When you press the hotkey in the editor window (or property window) you can select a color or even create a custom color and when you click OK in the color dialog CodeGenius Studio 2007 inserts the color code for you. Saving you lots of work once more!

Build 3.0.2774.11257:
    • Automated login: when starting Dynamics NAV, CodeGenius Studio will automatically log you in.
    • Pipe character (|) supported once again. This feature somehow was left out during the move to CodeGenius Studio 2007.
    • Import from CodeGenius 2.0 (and older versions) implemented. This allows you to import all your settings to CodeGenius Studio 2007.
    • Added the Quick User Guide to the installer. (This is why the download size almost doubled)
    • Updates for international keyboard layouts. (So called deadkeys)
    • When you set the port number to 0 the Dynamics NAV configuration does not use the port number in the startup parameters.

Build 3.0.2756.16729:
    • Improved Check for Updates and Download functionality within CodeGenius Studio 2007
    • Installer issue regarding base settings of CodeSmart
    • Improved template window making it easier to enter your tags and accepting with Enter
    • Special keys (so called deadkeys) should function as intended

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=875

Discuss this download here.
  • Options
    lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    The hotkeys won't work :cry:
  • Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    lyot wrote:

Everything is working here... even "|" sign is back :)
  • Options
    lyot wrote:

Some details might help here you know. What are you trying to do?
    Type "Ctrl+Shift+F1" as a hotkey. Then close the main window of CodeGenius Studio and hit the hotkey combination. That should work fine!

Otherwise please give me more details on what you are doing.

Cheers!
  • Options
    CodeGenius wrote:
    lyot wrote:

Some details might help here you know. What are you trying to do?
    Type "Ctrl+Shift+F1" as a hotkey. Then close the main window of CodeGenius Studio and hit the hotkey combination. That should work fine!

Otherwise please give me more details on what you are doing.

Cheers!

Ok, I found out you got to select a line and then the hotkeys work, :oops:
    except the one for "Insert template" -> Ctrl+Shift+Ins
    Oh and the automcomplete window is empty...
  • Options
    lyot wrote:
    Oh and the automcomplete window is empty...

Please check a previous topic on this matter for a resolution.
  • Options
    It starts to work like a charm \:D/
    Still 2 questions:

1) I noticed there are some buit in variables, as <<Date>>
    Where can I find a list of all those predefined variables?

2) Is there a posibility to alter the formating of <<Date>>
    Default: dd/mm/yyyy -> yyyy-mm-dd ?

Thanks!
  • Options
    lyot wrote:
    It starts to work like a charm \:D/
    Still 2 questions:

1) I noticed there are some buit in variables, as <<Date>>
    Where can I find a list of all those predefined variables?

2) Is there a posibility to alter the formating of <<Date>>
    Default: dd/mm/yyyy -> yyyy-mm-dd ?

Thanks!
    These are the built in variables:
    <<Author>>
    <<Initials>>
    <<Company>>
    <<Date>>
    <<Time>>

for Date formatting I refer you to my site's FAQ ( http://www.codegenius.nl/CodeGeniusStud ... fault.aspx ).

Cheers,
  • Options
    Ok, it's awesome! :shock:
    Congrats to the developper!

Maybe something for a future release:
    Posibility to specify a licence file in a Nav configuration?

This version already made my life so much easier :D
  • Options
    hm... one tiny problem...

few days before, my codegenius updated itself normally but now I received two "new version" notifications but it seems that nothing has been updated.

my current version is: 3.0.2774.11257
  • Options
    Phenno wrote:
    hm... one tiny problem...

few days before, my codegenius updated itself normally but now I received two "new version" notifications but it seems that nothing has been updated.

my current version is: 3.0.2774.11257

oh no #-o

those were not "ok;cancel" buttons, those were "ok;get it" buttons :mrgreen:
    forget the question 8-[
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
    CodeGenius Studio 2007 (Build 3.1.2784.12913)
    The Next Generation of CodeGenius Tools

Sleek New Look...
    CodeGenius Studio 2007 is the next step in Dynamics NAV development. It has enhanced features in almost every area. And ... it looks sleek too.

Enhanced Everywhere...
    The great features of previous versions remain and have been enhanced. Indenting, commenting, templates, CodeSmart, you name it and it has been modified. Configuring CodeGenius Studio is easier than ever with an intuitive UI and handy features, you can put CodeGenius Studio to your own hand.

Rebuilt from Ground Up...
    CodeGenius Studio 2007 was built from the ground up. No code was re-used. Everything has been re-written in C# using the latest technologies.

Backup and Restore...
    Making a backup and restoring your configuration was not available in previous versions. I have implemented a backup and restore option in CodeGenius Studio 2007.

More Configurable. .
    CodeGenius Studio 2007 is more configurable than ever. You can change all of the features. An example of this is CodeSmart. It was a static function library that contained all the Dynamics NAV methods and properties. They were stored in CodeGenius and you could not add, remove, or change anything. CodeGenius Studio 2007 comes with a fully loaded library of all the Dynamics NAV methods and properties that you can modify from within CodeGenius Studio. You can add other - handy - methods, snippets, keywords, or ever templates! Code Templates in CodeGenius Studio 2007 can fully integrate with CodeSmart. You can therefore make it possible to extend CodeGenius Studio 2007 the way you want it!

New Features...
    Ofcourse there are new features in CodeGenius Studio 2007 as well. Every now and then you need to program something with colors. Dynamics NAV does not have any easy way to select a color and give you the colorcode in integer format for the code editor. You always need to go somewhere else to obtain that code. CodeGenius Studio 2007 has added the Color Hotkey. The setup is located with the other hotkeys. When you press the hotkey in the editor window (or property window) you can select a color or even create a custom color and when you click OK in the color dialog CodeGenius Studio 2007 inserts the color code for you. Saving you lots of work once more!

Build 3.1.2784.12913:
    • Issues regarding the pipe character (|) within templates.
    • Editing of clients further improved so you can be more descriptive regarding the client names.
    • Attempting to Create or Modify a client would crash systems running Windows XP. This issue did not occur on Windows Vista.
    • Improved Drag and Drop support for Configurations.
    • Clients can now be edited manually giving you more flexibility.
    • Further improvements toward the import of CodeGenius 2.0 settings (only import the sections that you want).

Build 3.0.2774.11257:
    • Automated login: when starting Dynamics NAV, CodeGenius Studio will automatically log you in.
    • Pipe character (|) supported once again. This feature somehow was left out during the move to CodeGenius Studio 2007.
    • Import from CodeGenius 2.0 (and older versions) implemented. This allows you to import all your settings to CodeGenius Studio 2007.
    • Added the Quick User Guide to the installer. (This is why the download size almost doubled)
    • Updates for international keyboard layouts. (So called deadkeys)
    • When you set the port number to 0 the Dynamics NAV configuration does not use the port number in the startup parameters.

Build 3.0.2756.16729:
    • Improved Check for Updates and Download functionality within CodeGenius Studio 2007
    • Installer issue regarding base settings of CodeSmart
    • Improved template window making it easier to enter your tags and accepting with Enter
    • Special keys (so called deadkeys) should function as intended

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=875

Discuss this download here.
  • Options
    ImaspalImaspal Member Posts: 68
    I have a problem with CG Version 3.1.2810.20488:
    I'm not able to insert templates. Values to template can be inserted on the screen that appears, but after that, when Enter is pressed, template does not appear to my C/AL code. How can I fix that?

-IP
  • Options
    SonGoten13SonGoten13 Member Posts: 44
    hi

first a big thx for this tool, it really rocks \:D/

i am running version 3.1.2810.20488 and i still have problems with the pipe "|" character within templates (build notes say its fixed).
    my template looks something like this
    +-----------------------------+
    | Company foobaz              |
    | Stand: 01.01.2008           |
    | Plattform 5.00              |

when i insert it in NAV there are 2 scenarios:
    1. it looks like this with the first "|" missing
     Company foobaz              |
    | Stand: 01.01.2008           |
    | Plattform 5.00              |

2. it inserts correctly but CGS crashes

if i try the same with + instead of | it works fine

greets
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Anyone got this working on a x64 environment?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    ACAEACAE Member Posts: 52
    Hello,

I'm checking out if I can help the codegenius, and I wonder is there is 1 function present: add field names and function names to the code.
    This is what would be really helpfull to me: when I define a variable recItem (local or global), and I type in recItem.D and hit Shift-space, it should show all fields and functions that start with a D (description, desciption 2, ....).

Is this possible with this version?

Grtz,
    Andy
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 21
    Hi

When i try to open either SQL option or Native DB, I got this error:
    The program Property "Prog" is unknown.
    The Manual Installation and System Management Contains a list of the correct program properties

Have an idea?

(I am running XP SP3, .net 2.0 SP3 installed)

Regards
    Onur Omer
  • Options
    dayscottdayscott Member Posts: 42
    its written in C# ... well...

If its under GPL License, is it possible to get the Source Code somewhere?
  • Options
    kahalakahala Member Posts: 40
    Been using CodeGenius for some time have started to get a bit interested in how to best use it. We just use it to keep track of all our companys databases + we've added links to our servers and different relevant webpages.
    I maintain the settings and make sure to update them whenever there are changes to servers, databases etc. I then put a backup on a server so that it's easy for my colleagues to do a restore.
    My question is: Under File you have the opportunity to choose "Restore", which is what we normally use but there's also an option called "Import CodeGenius settings" - I've tried to use it but which files do you use here? It can't find the backup files so I guess I need to do something else?
  • Options
    kahalakahala Member Posts: 40
    Just found the answer myself by coincidence. Can see that there's a "tooltip" if you position yourself over "Import CodeGenius settings" and it says "Version 2.0 and below".
  • Options
    mini1209mini1209 Member Posts: 1
    I have a question. I used the Codegenius for a long time. I know it was working on Citrix Server 2008 and now I have problem to install Codegenius in Windows 7 64bit (ultimate). Installation is working fine, but Short keys are not working!

It is not the toggle Keys.

Dirk
  • Options
    CrunchCrunch Member Posts: 37
    This was asked in the past, but I'm not sure, if there was a solution:
    How do I use '>>' and ´'<<' in my code templates?