Options

Business Analytics

vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
edited 2008-06-03 in Navision e-Commerce
I installed Business Analytics in my Laptop but i got one problem.
1.In business Analytics The BA configerator can not run.It shows me error that "Login failed for user null"
2.I cant create a new database in business analytics enterprise maneger.
For creating we right click on Database->new database but this new database function is disebled . How to make it enabled?

Comments

• Options
    mihai.valceamihai.valcea Member Posts: 95
    1. the baconfigurator can only be run from navision.
    2. try create database for olap from navision interface
  • Options
    1. I try to start BA Configurator using navision but it shows me error that " TCP\IP host is not responding"
    could u tel me how to remove this error.

2.How to create database for olap from navision interface .
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) You need to run the Navision client on same machine where the SQL Analysis services are running
    2) Are you using Native DB or MS SQL DB for Navision?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Yes i run the Navision client on same machine where the SQL Analysis services are running .But steel i am getting that prob.

I use Native DB for Navision.
  • Options
    Is Business Analytics works on XP?
    Is Business Analytics Developer License Is necessary for transaction of data from navision to Analytics.?
    Is it possible on Demo License.?
  • Options
    1) Yes
    2) No, you can do it with any license which include BA Basic (Cronus etc.)
    3) Yes

BUT! You cannot run BA Advanced configurator without appropriate license! You need some license with BA Advance granule. This configurator will configure the BA client to use the database created by BA Basic within Navision.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    It means I must have Lisence of Business Analytics to perform some tasks in Navision and Business Analytics. :-k
  • Options
    2. When I click on functions=> Start Configerator
    It shows me error that [Simba][SimbaEngine ODBC Driver][DRM file labrary]The TCP\IP conncetions host is not answering(TCP\IP error ECONNREFUSED)
    why this error is occured . Is this is problem of BA Lisence.
    For above error i also configured through Administrator=>ODBC DataSource Administrator=>System DSN .
    I add navision Database and configured it. But steel it shows me error. :-k :shock:
  • Options
    Which licenses are required for end user and developer for BA.?
  • Options
    Standard NFR license includes granules for BA. Users needs BA Basic granule for using the Navision part (creating cube) and BA Advanced to be able to use ANTServer (BA Server and client).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    But if we dont have any license can we connect the data from navision To BA? can we create new Databse in BA Enterprise maneger with Demo License?
  • Options
    In my opinion you can generate the cube, but you cannot run BA Advanced configurator to connect the ANTServer to the cube and you must do it manually.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hi can u tell me how connect the ANTServer to the cube manually?
    :-k [-o<
  • Options
    You need to set correct connection string in the BA Enterprise Manager.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Could u telll me in detail how to set correct connection string in the BA Enterprise Manager?Please [-o<
  • Options
    Example from our test server:
    Provider=MSOLAP;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=True;Data Source=localhost;Client Cache Size=10;Execution Location=3;Auto Synch Period=10000;MDX Compatibility=2;MDX Unique Name Style=2;Initial Catalog=BA for MBS Navision 400
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    But it only correct the string .
    But to send the navision cubes to Business analytics what can we do?
    Because in business analytics it shows only samples?
    Not those cubes which i create.
    Does it required registered BA?
  • Options
    It change the cube, which will the BA use. Data Source=localhost is the server with the cube, Initial Catalog=BA for MBS Navision 400 is the Name of the DB with the cube. After that, you need to restart the service and it will connect to the cube.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    1.Means we have to create new dataabase "BA" in enterprise maneger.?
    2..If it is necessary to create new database in enterprise maneger.Which I cant create due to disable of that function.Is Licen is required for it?
    3.When we r creating new cubes ,where they are stored?
    4.When we export update XML file in navision ,what is the use of that XML file?
    5.Does we required registered version of BA?
  • Options
    I think that you need to clear some things for yourselfs.

1) for using BA you need to have correct Navision license file else the BA server is running in 30 days trial period
    2) the cube is created in Navision through BA Basic module, which prepare XML definition of the cube and this XML file is used by BA Configurator for creating the DB with the cube
    3) The BA Advanced server is connected to the DB with the cube through BA Advanced configurator
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    1.Means that navision licese file contains those BA granuals.?
    2.Then what is the roll of ANT server in it?
    3.If we export that xml file .Can we use this file for running Business Analytics?
    4.If yes then how.?
    5.The string which u gave me works.But it connects the cubes which r created in SQL server analytics maneger.What is use of this analysis maneger in BA?
    6.If we create cubes in only analysis maneger is it good for client side?(genral user/end user)
  • Options
    1) Yes, Navision license file includes the granule needed for the ANTServer to be runned in non-trial version (the BA Advanced configurator read this license file and create necessary changes to have licensed ANTServer)
    2) ANTServer is used to be able to use BA Client. It is reading the OLAP cube from the Analysis services and works with them, create reports, tables, graphs etc...
    3) If you export the XML, you can use it with the BA Configurator to create the cube, nothing else.
    5) Read more about Analysis services, you need to understand the architecture...
    6) Hard to say...

Description of the architecture of BA for Navision->
    BA Basic
    ===========
    Navision DB (Native or SQL)
             | - created Cube definition in Navision tables
    XML File with the structure of cube
             | - reads the XML file
    BAConfigurator40.exe
             | - create cube and DTS packages on the MS SQL server
    Cube on SQL Server with Analysis services

BA Advanced
    ===========
    1) Navision DB (Native or SQL)
             |   - reading data from Navision
    2) DTS packages (created by BAConfigurator)
             |  - processing them and saving into cubes
    3) Cube on SQL Server with Analysis services
             |  - reading data from cubes
    4) ANTServer
             |  - working with the data, presenting them...
    5) BA Client

point 1..3 is shared with BA Basic (DTS and the cube is created in BA Basic)

Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks For UR IMPORTANT sugession.
    This Information really helps me to clear my confusion.
    Thanks again.I will try to install BA with u r given informtion.
    THANKS MIBUSO. :lol::mrgreen:
  • Options
    I installed BA as you mension .Ans i am suscessed 90%.
    I got one error when I configure the database it ask to import the license file of NAV When I import it is shows me error "Error 2 in module 1"
    I have a partner license.And when I ask about license for BA granuals to microsoft they told me that the u dosent required those granuals if u have partner license.Can anybody tell me why I got this error.
  • Options
    "Error 2 in module 1" is error "File not found" (See output of command "net helpmsg 2") - module 1 are errors from operating system. It seems like in the folder, which you are selecting is not the license (fin.flf) or another file. Try to import the license into your navision client and select the client folder when configuring the database.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks It solves my problem .
    But my another problem is when Configurator Of advance BA run.It shows me error that
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Windows NT user or group '<Server Name>\BA Administrators' not found. Check the name again

It think it is due to I installed BA on Domain Controler.
    Can I change the path of that server name.? If I want to install it on Domain Controler is it possible by any other way?
  • Options
    BA Is not working on DC (Domain Controller). It is the main known issue, that it is not working. You need to install the BA Advanced on another PC.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    IF we install BA advance on another PC how can we Co-ordinate them?
  • Options
    BA Advanced must be installed on same PC as Analysis services. It means, you need to install the MS SQL with Analysis services and BA to another PC. And because the cube can be created just directly on the PC, where AS is installed, you need to install Navision client on the same PC too. It means, you need to install all to another PC than DC. Just Navision DB can be on the DC, the cube can take data from remote PC...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks.
    I suscessfully iinstalled the BA on other machine.
    I can run configurator without any error.
    But one thing I want to know that when I configur the BA Advance it restart the ANT server.But it nither restart ANT server nor shows any error. It just shows "Restaarting ANT server". But dosent go forword.
    Why this happend? What should I do for this ?