Options

I am Navision-screwed.

2»

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Design FA Class table. go to the last empty line and click on property. Find the property LookupFormID. set it to the List form that you've created for FA Class. That should do it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Nice screenshot btw. I hope mibuso allows attachment (screenshot).
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I feel for you, believe me, but you're going to have to learn or not be able to do what you need to do.

Those are pictures of textbox properties. You should be setting the relationship in the table not the form. Remove the TableRelation from the textbox, and remove the LookupFormID as well. The lookup form is handled by the FA Class table, and by setting the tablerelation in the field (in the table, NOT the form) you should automatically get a lookup button in your textbox.

Take a look at form 5600, on the Posting tab. You will see that in design mode there is no lookup button and the table relationship is empty in the textbox property page, as well as the lookup form ID. Now close the Card form and open table 5600, browse down to field number 5 and look at the field properties. Notice that there is a Table Relation, but no lookupformID. Now close table 5600 and open table 5607 in design.

Put your cursor in the first empty line, right underneath the last field. In a standard Cronus database that should be right underneath field 2. Now open the property page, which should now say "Table - Properties" as opposed to "<fieldname> - Properties". Note that the LookupFormID of the TABLE is set to FA Classes.

Now....

Because the FA Class table has a lookup form, every time that Navision gets a command to 'go look up an FA Class record, it will by default open the FA Classes form to display your records, and it will display an OK button so you can select. This is the first part of a working lookup.

Now the second part...
    In the Fixed Asset table there is a field called "FA Class Code", with a table relation to the FA Class table. Because this is a table relationship, Navision knowns that you are interested in entering codes that correspond to valid values in the FA Class table, and will deduce from that fact that you will want to be able to look up these values, using the default lookup form.

So.... whenever you put the FA Class Code field on a form, Navision will automatically give you a lookup button (because the field has a table relation. Note that a relation to a table without a lookupformid will also give you a lookup button that won't do anything), and when you click it, it will automatically use the default form to display the records, and you can use the OK button to select one from the list.

Once you get this it is really easy. Once you get used to it you will love that it works that way, at least that's the case for me. I am really happy not to have to program the same friggin lookup stuff for every friggin table. It may be a 'primitive' IDE compared to some other ones out there, but it gets the job done really fast with REALLY little effort, as long as you know what to do.

There, I'll treat myself to a Cuba Libre :mrgreen:
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,098
    kriki wrote:
    First a few things we need to know:
    -Do you just have to put the hardware in it to have a list of it, where it is, which software is on it, ... or do you need it to do some bookkeeping stuff on them?
    You didn't answer this.
    If you don't need to do some bookkeeping stuff on them, you can better create a new table and not use the Fixed Assets Table.

In your fieldlist, are there any fields that have a limited no. of values?
    -e.g. a field that has only a few values, and there will never be newer values, this field is best an option-field.
    -another table that has a limited no. of values, but in the future new values can be created, you best create an extra table+form on it and relate your field in your new table to this table, so the users are limited in there choice. (this is actually quite easy to do).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Wow. The post is already in the top 20 of most active topics!
    Should I =D> and be :D or rather be :( or be :mrgreen: ? #-o
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    I admire your will to help, guys =D>
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Member Posts: 30
    zommfbbqg

I finally got the frickin' thing.

Usually when I deal with database relationships, they are made on the fly by making queries.. This system is a little different and it confused me.

Thanks for all the help guys, this is honestly the most helpful and friendly support board I have ever used.

- Daedalus
    "A man without beer is like a man without water, thirsty and sober!"
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    edited 2006-04-14
    -Not a problem. Another satisifed member 8)
    Don't forget that this site also has a search.
    You'll probably find that most of the questions you might come up with have already been asked and answered.
    If not, there are plenty of helpful people here.

We've all been Navision newbies at one point.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    ara3n wrote:
    Nice screenshot btw. I hope mibuso allows attachment (screenshot).

I believe that insertion of pics has been disabled
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Daedalus wrote:
    Thanks for all the help guys, this is honestly the most helpful and friendly support board I have ever used.

- Daedalus

I want to use that quote on my homepage ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    edited 2006-04-14
    Well, I have been on alot of forums in my time on the internet and support forums are usually something I stay away from because everyone acts like a troll whether they mean to and/or know it. I know because I used to be the biggest troll.

This site has been nothing but helpful and you have my persmission to use that quote. Hell, save the thread.

I have one last little question.

I have two command buttons that have the < and > bitmaps on them. I would like to be able to use them to iterate through the records. I have looked through alot of help files and manuals but can't figure out how to do it. :- /

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Nevermind, I am an idiot.
  • Options
    Daedalus wrote:
    I have two command buttons that have the < and > bitmaps on them. I would like to be able to use them to iterate through the records. I have looked through alot of help files and manuals but can't figure out how to do it. :- /
    No need for those buttons, if your form is based on a table (property "SourceTable" is filled in), the Navision-buttons on the top handle that.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Daedalus wrote:
    You could try putting "NEXT(1);" in the OnPush-trigger of the '>' button and "NEXT(-1);" for the '<' button. But normally, those functions are not added on the form, as they are standard available on the toolbar at the very top of the screen (beneath the File, Edit menu).
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    I just noticed that. I thought that they weren't there since I never saw them in the designer.

My mistake. Work has been hectic.
  • Options
    Daedalus wrote:
    I just noticed that. I thought that they weren't there since I never saw them in the designer.
    Navision shows the buttons that are usefull in at the moment. So in design you don't see those, but you see the design buttons.
    In runmode you see other buttons, but not the design-buttons.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion