Options

Upgrade from 2013R2 to 2017

2»

Comments

• Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    edited 2017-01-03
    "Sales and Inventory Forecast" is an extension which is included in NAV 2017.
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2016/11/04/dynamics-nav-2017-creating-new-opportunities/

As you can see, still some bugs here, but you can remove it for the time being and re-install it later if necessary.

Also keep in mind that extensions are not visible in the exported C/AL code.
    If you need to check for existing ones:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt584145(v=nav.90).aspx
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    AitorEGAitorEG Member Posts: 342
    Kowa wrote: »
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2016/11/04/dynamics-nav-2017-creating-new-opportunities/

As you can see, still some bugs here, but you can remove it for the time being and re-install it later if necessary.

Thank you very much, it was driving me crazy. How can I remove it? Synchronizing with force may be?
  • Options
    aitorEG wrote: »

Thank you very much, it was driving me crazy. How can I remove it? Synchronizing with force may be?

I see I have to use the cmdlet, and for that, I shouel import a module, because it's not included in the powershell, am I right??
  • Options
    edited 2017-01-05
    Uninstall extensions with PowerShell: Uninstall-NAVApp
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt584146(v=nav.90).aspx

The module is included in the NAV 2017 Administration Shell, but you prefer to use the PowerShell ISE (like I do :) ) you always need to install the required NAV modules with these lines first:
    Import-Module "${env:ProgramFiles(x86)}\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Model.Tools.psd1" -WarningAction SilentlyContinue | out-null
    Import-Module "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\Service\NavAdminTool.ps1" -WarningAction SilentlyContinue | Out-Null
    Import-Module "${env:ProgramFiles(x86)}\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Apps.Tools.psd1" -WarningAction SilentlyContinue | Out-Null

To make life easier with the ISE I would recommend using this:
    waldo.be/2015/07/20/load-dynamics-nav-cmdlets-in-powershell-ise-with-profiles/

Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Uninstall extensions with PowerShell: Uninstall-NAVApp
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt584146(v=nav.90).aspx

The module is included in the NAV 2017 Administration Shell, but you prefer to use PowerShell ISE (like I do :) ) you always need to install the required NAV modules with these lines first:
    Import-Module "${env:ProgramFiles(x86)}\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Model.Tools.psd1" -WarningAction SilentlyContinue | out-null
    Import-Module "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\Service\NavAdminTool.ps1" -WarningAction SilentlyContinue | Out-Null
    Import-Module "${env:ProgramFiles(x86)}\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Apps.Tools.psd1" -WarningAction SilentlyContinue | Out-Null

Thank you very much. I've seen earlir about the NAV2017 Admin Shell, and I tried to use it, but it appears the same error. But I found another way to uninstall it. With the NAV client, I have the oprtion to manage the extension. I uninsttal it from the extension manager, and after that, the sinchronization has finished succesfully.
    Thank you again for your help, I am new working with NAV,and all this issues sound really extrange to me at this moment
  • Options
    After having different conflict, we've decided to merge the different version txt files. The original version, is the one I'm gonna get from the Demo version of NAV2013, and the modified, of course, from mi modified version of NAV2013. But, where can I get the target version if I don't have the NAV2017 installed yet? Is there any repositorie or something to get it?
    Thank you very much
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    you can install demo version in any machine and export all objects in txt format.
  • Options
    edited 2017-01-05
    All new downloads (a new version comes every month, so maybe a further update will arrive tomorrow ;) ) are announced in this blog:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2016/12/07/cumulative-update-01-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2017-has-been-released/
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    zohaibu95@hotmail.comzohaibu95@hotmail.com Member Posts: 223
    Just a suggestion instead of manually comparing and merging the txt files just export the following 3 text files

1. Old Base
    2. Old Customized
    3. Target Base

and use merge tool to compare and merge these files.

Merge tool is a great tool which literally understands the context of your code and give you conflicts. This will reduce your compare and merging process time.

I have upgrade from NAV 4 to NAV 2016 in 10 hours.
    Best Regards
    Zohaib Ahmed
    Dynamics NAV ERP Technical Consultant.

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thanks.
  • Options
    zohaibu95 wrote: »
    Just a suggestion instead of manually comparing and merging the txt files just export the following 3 text files

1. Old Base
    2. Old Customized
    3. Target Base

and use merge tool to compare and merge these files.

Merge tool is a great tool which literally understands the context of your code and give you conflicts. This will reduce your compare and merging process time.

I have upgrade from NAV 4 to NAV 2016 in 10 hours.

Thank you. I've used those tools, but I'm sure I'mgonna spend more than 10 hours, I've spent more than 10 hours indeed... The first issue was to achieve that the developmetn environmet imports all the target txt. And after that, to repair all the conflicts when compiling the txt. That is what I'm doing at the moment.
    Thank you all for your help, hopefully the next time I write here will be with good news!
  • Options
    No blog announcement so far, but Cumulative Update 02 became available today:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54609
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    edited 2017-01-16
    Hello everyone(again)
    I've almost got it. I achieved to run the demo database in the 2017, everything OK. Also, importing the fob file that previously was exported from the NAV2013, is working perfectly with the demo database. But I'm finding an error with the SQL backup from NAV2013. This are the steps I've follow:
    -In SQL, I've created a new database, restoring the backup from our old machine NAV2013
    -I created a NEW instance in the NavServer, pointing to the new database I've created in the previous step.
    -In the development studio, I've openned the new database, and it has been converted to NAV2017 format without any problem.
    -I have imported the fob file with all the application objets.
    -When I compile the objects, I found the next objects with errors:
    feocg470ha3r.png
    It's important to say, that I have another instance for the Demo database, and works correctly. I have change the databae on that instance, to take the database brought from NAV2013, and the errors occurs, so it seemos not to be an error from the instace.
    When compiling, all the objects have this error:
    2017e4darddz.png
    "Cannot load the type:...."
    Except the CodeUnit 7152, that has the next error:
    ot1chkntgxc5.png
    "Cannot load the selected library type"
    HOw could be this fixed? Probably could be a database error...
  • Options
    I have solved the Outlook error installing the outlokk AddIn, it wasn't installed.
    Now I only have the error from the codeunit 7152, "Export Item Analysis View".
    It seem to be an error with the automation servers, exactly with this variables:
    nelqjvc64obc.png
    I'm having issues to find the automation server to find the subtypes for this items.
    Where can I find the correct automation server?
    Thank you very much!
  • Options
    Do you have Office installed in this machine?
  • Options
    Do you have Office installed in this machine?

No... Do I have to??
  • Options
    yes please, it uses Microsoft excel automations
  • Options
    yes please, it uses Microsoft excel automations

Thank you!!!!
  • Options
    edited 2017-01-17
    When I run the data upgrade process, I have the next error:
    lezaxhfjryu2.png
    "It already exist the origin code, ID fields and values: Code:="PAYMTRECON" (more or less)
    What should I change??

• Options
    AitorEG wrote: »
    When I run the data upgrade process, I have the next error:
    lezaxhfjryu2.png
    "It already exist the origin code, ID fields and values: Code:="PAYMTRECON" (more or less)
    What should I change??

Ihave to say that I have use the Upgrade Toolkit from "Local Objects", not from "Data Conversion Tools"
  • Options
    Migration succeded!! Thank you all for your help, after all the efforts, I finally get the NAV2017 upgraded running, also in one azzure machine.
    THanks all for your patience and help!!
  • Options
    edited 2017-01-24
    In case you used any of the two Cumulative Updates (in combination with Multi-Tenancy and CRM Integration), note that there is a critical bug for this scenario which led to both of these being withdrawn until further notice (see edited blog article https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2017/01/16/cumulative-update-02-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2017-has-been-released/).
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    In case you used any of the two Cumulative Updates (in combination with Multi-Tenancy and CRM Integration), note that there is a critical bug for this scenario which led to both of these being withdrawn until further notice (see edited blog article https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2017/01/16/cumulative-update-02-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2017-has-been-released/).

Thank youk I dind't use any of them. Now I only finde this error:
    forum.mibuso.com/discussion/68495/problem-with-click-once-in-azure#latest
    Any clue?
  • Options
    please continue other thread only. don't mix with this.