Options

EP in DMZ and MSMQ under HTTP

MTMMTM Member Posts: 2
edited 2007-09-18 in Navision e-Commerce
Hello.

I have this scenario:

A Pc with Windows 2003 server in DMZ (not in domain) with Employee Portal installed.

A PC Pc with Windows 2003 server in domain with NAS and MSMQ (With HTTP support)

Other server in domain with Navision SQL 4.03

When I use TCP all it works fine:

In web.config:

<add key="JobQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=TCP:192.168.255.198\private$\nep_request_queue" />

<add key="ReplyQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=TCP:192.168.255.198\private$\nep_reply_queue" />

In Navision, "Conf. Application Server":

Front End Processing: True
Request queue: .\private$\nep_request_queue
Reply queue: .\private$\nep_reply_queue

The problem apears when I need to use HTTP for EP communication with the queues. I won't work by TCP.

The only change that I do is this:

In web.config:

<add key="JobQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=HTTP://VM-W2K3-R2-NAS/msmq/private$/nep_request_queue&quot; />
<add key="ReplyQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=HTTP://VM-W2K3-R2-NAS/msmq/private$/nep_reply_queue&quot; />

The result is:

The messages arrive to queue and Navision answers (I know that Navision answers because there is a message in the reply queue)
The problem is that this message isn't gathered by EP. The message is in the queue until this disapears.
The error message is "Communication error (10114): No reply received from Back End System (Time Out)."

Please, I am desperate. Somebody knows how configure this. I need comunicate NAS with HTTP.

PD. Sorry for my English (is limited ;-)

Comments

• Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi MTM,

you should never use the reply queue on the remote server. So you have to place the queues were the work is done:
    - Job on the NAS machine
    - Reply on the SharePoint machine

I have not tested yet, what happens if use the HTTP format, but that is just the format name.

In an ideal world you will have the following:
    1.) Job queue on the NAS
    2.) Reply Queue on the SharePoint
    3.) Configuration in NAV for the NAS
    Job: .\private$\nep_request_queue
    Reply: FormatName:DIRECT=HTTP://YOURSHAREPOINTMACHINE/msmq/private$/nep_reply_queue
    4.) Configuration on the SharePoint machine in the web.config
    Job: FormatName:DIRECT=HTTP://VM-W2K3-R2-NAS/msmq/private$/nep_request_queue
    Reply: .\private$\nep_reply_queue

This configuration should work, because you will send remotely and read locally.
    This is recommended by MS for MSMQ because remote reading is (when possible) slower by a number >100!

HTH,
    Rainer