Options

Different sales and production location?

finderfinder Member Posts: 129
edited 2007-08-27 in General Chat
Hi,

I'm trying to find solution for the situation where users must have different locations for sales and production. I create sales order first and then directly production order from it. Now I want to use different locations for sales order and production order but problem is that using it this way I will lose order tracking. But I definetly want to have order tracking functionality between these documents that salespeople can see production progress and also different location beacause they are placed on different geographical locations. Can anybody suggest solution for this situation?

Thanks in advance,
Anti

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    finder wrote:
    Hi,

I'm trying to find solution for the situation where users must have different locations for sales and production. I create sales order first and then directly production order from it. Now I want to use different locations for sales order and production order but problem is that using it this way I will lose order tracking. But I definetly want to have order tracking functionality between these documents that salespeople can see production progress and also different location beacause they are placed on different geographical locations. Can anybody suggest solution for this situation?

Thanks in advance,
    Anti

Use SKUs, and have the replenishment method to the Sales Location as Transfer from the production location.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    OK, using SKUs gives me possibility to choose different replenishment systems for different locations and it's great. Only problem is that I want to create prod.order directly from sales order but I cannot change location on prod.order from sales location to prod.location without losing order tracking.
  • Options
    nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Without loosing order tracking it will be difficult....
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    finder wrote:
    OK, using SKUs gives me possibility to choose different replenishment systems for different locations and it's great. Only problem is that I want to create prod.order directly from sales order but I cannot change location on prod.order from sales location to prod.location without losing order tracking.

If you do it using the Req. Worksheet it will work fine. If you want to do it differently to how Navision is designed, then you need to write custom code.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Actually I don't want to make it differently from Navision logic. But then I have a question how everybody else is using it in the same situation. It should be very common where sales department is taking the orders and creating production orders from these (or by using req. worksheet) to the production department. When sales department and production department are situated in different geographical location they should have different location code in Navision. But if sales and production order are using different location code I will lose order tracking possibility which is really good functionality for salesmen (they can track current order status). Now it seems that I can choose between two possibilities whether use same location code with benefit of order tracking or register location codes as they should be but without order tracking possibility. Third way is to start customise this process but I don't want to use it before it's absolutely sure that I cannot get suitable solution in standard way.