Options

SQL Errors Question

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
edited 2007-06-29 in SQL Performance
Hello all,

I have the following error messages (I changed my company name reference to Company):

Error: The Gen. Journal Line table has inconsistent SumIndexField values: Key fields: Journal Template Name,Journal Batch Name,Line No. SumIndexField table: Company.dbo.Live Company$81$0 Contact your system manager.

Error: The Reservation Entry table has inconsistent SumIndexField values: Key fields: Item No.,Positive,Variant Code,Location Code,Serial No.,Lot/Trading Unit No.,Entry No. SumIndexField table: Company.dbo.Live Company$337$3 Contact your system manager.

Has anyone else out there had similar errors, and if so, what have you done to alleviate? I'm 'OK' with SQL, but not so much as an admin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks - gad1

Comments

• Options
    nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Try to Rebuild Sum Index

File -> database -> information -> tables

Select all tables and click optimize
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Nuno Maia,

Thank you - It's my understanding that these errors are re-occurring. Will your suggestion stop this?

Also, I've located your suggested path:

'File -> database -> information -> tables'

How often is this to be run? Thanks in advance.

gad1
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    There is really only one way that this can happen as far as I know, and that is modifying data directly on SQL Server, either in the tables or in the SIFT tables.

One other way to fix this would be to first save the table as an fob file, then to turn off all SIFT, then import the fob back in. This will make the system rebuild the SIFT as well.
  • Options
    nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    This optimize button what it does is rebuilding shift indexes and also rebuild’s table indexes. If you don’t rebuild indexes with SQL than you should use optimize button to optimize database. It’s difficult to define correct plan maintenance to your database because it depends a lot on your database.

Has DenSter said this normally happens when is modified Navision data directly in SQL
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Den Ster,

In regards to the following suggestion:

"There is really only one way that this can happen as far as I know, and that is modifying data directly on SQL Server, either in the tables or in the SIFT tables.

One other way to fix this would be to first save the table as an fob file, then to turn off all SIFT, then import the fob back in. This will make the system rebuild the SIFT as well.
    "

Our systems admin did what you suggested, but these errors re-occur every few weeks. We run SQL 2000 Enterprise and Navision 4.01, the SQL database has adequate hard disk space to grow. We've checked the event logs for errors (there were none), ran HP diagnostic checks (no errors)

How is it possible to UNKNOWINGLY "modifying data directly on SQL Server". I say unknowingly because we have a very small IT shop with no inside SQL admin. We just haven't touched anything. Can a direct modify of SQL occur through Navision utilities?

If you don't have any ideas, no worries at all. we're at a loss as to why these errors keep popping up.

Thanks for all of your help - gad1