Options

ZUP file settings in SQL Navision

twdavistwdavis Member Posts: 79
edited 2007-06-03 in SQL General
A couple of questions:

1) In Nav 4.0 for SQL, running 4.0SP1 executable, Are the ZUP file settings for a user stored in a SQL table? The reason I ask is, I am logged in as Administrator to a customer's server via remote desktop. I can start Navision SQL and log in as one of the users (katy) and the navision menu is exactly like that user's settings, ie. shortcuts, menu items, forms, ALL exactly the same as that user's AS IF they were logging into Navision from their workstation. This user has never logged into Navision via the server. The "fin.zup" file located in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data gets updated each time I exit Navision. I have deleted this file and logged into Nav, and it initially brings up the Cronus database, I change to the server\database and user and their settings appear again.

In C/Side Navision, I understand that a user's personallized settings for navision (shortcuts, forms, etc) are stored in the "fin.zup" file on the users local workstation.

How is it that I can log in as the user and have all of their settings visible from the server?

2) this user's menu entry for "Financials\General Ledger" does NOT appear. right mouse click on the menu and SHOW does not "show" the missing menu item, I can open the Navigation Pane Designer, and the menu entry IS THERE. When I close the Navigation Pane Designer and exit and reopen. NOT THERE. I was able to create a menu entry for "General Ledger Copy" and copied the sub menu items into it and that menu item is visible for the user, in fact visible for ALL users.

What gives?

I know that i can delete the users zup file on their workstation and start over rebuilding it from scratch, but the user would loose all of their settings. I even tried renaming ALL fin.zup files on the server, but still see the user's settings when I log in as that user.

where are the user's fmenu settings storerd in SQL.

Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Options
    NobodyNobody Member Posts: 93
    Yes and no. The ZUP file is still used in 4.0/SQL for login information and option information and screen sizes and so on, but the Menu Pane information for each user is stored in the [User Menu Level] table. That is why when you log in as another user you see their customized menu.
  • Options
    twdavistwdavis Member Posts: 79
    i will check that out thanks.