Options

Database conflict Tables (SQL Replication)

garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
edited 2007-05-14 in SQL General
hi,
i've make an backup of an database this is in SQL replication.
There existst confilc tables.

Like Conflict_Companyname$Item

Is store the backup on an other server an there should no replikation.
Now, the conflict tabels still exist in the new database. How can i delete this tables in the new database?

Regards
Do you make it right, it works too!

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Have you tried to do a Navision backup and restore it in the other sql database?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    yes this works. But these has other problems ..... for example stored Navision fields in tables with an number an you can create an field between other fields. The SQL Server saved thesw field on the end of Table. So you have future problems, when you will use these table in replication.

I've yet an idea and will check this

Regards
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I don't think SQL Server replication works very well on NAV databases. It has something to do with the way that NAV uses timestamp fields.
  • Options
    yes, but i must use the replication an IntegrationServices.

I've found an work arround (i hope so)
    delete the trigger in the Replication table, an than you can delete the not needed system objects (stored PS, and conflict tables)

Regards
  • Options
    I'd look into log shipping. I am not an expert by any measure, but I've been told by MSFT that is the only good way to 'replicate' a NAV database on SQL Server.
  • Options
    arg, english language... what means "log shipping" :?:
  • Options
    it's a method of copying the database on SQL Server. Open Books Online and search for Log Shipping.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    What type of replication are you using? What are you trying to accomplish? Replication and Log SHipping are two very different technologies that address different needs. If your goal is to provide a redundant/backup server, I would consider log shipping.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Ive use Transaction Replication and treansaction Replication with Ques and DTS packages (2000) / Integr. Services (2005)

In an other project i use only merge replication.
  • Options
    Joe_MathisJoe_Mathis Member Posts: 173
    I've been casually looking at trying to synchronize two databases using log shipping, but from the descriptions of the technology that I've seen it looks as though log shipping will not let the database be "live" but rather a "static" stand-by for emergency purposes.

Is this a true statement? It looks as though there are a few of you out there with experiances (good bad and indifferent).

Thanks,

Joe
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to SQL General forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    NobodyNobody Member Posts: 93
    I have used SQL Replication, Mirroring and Log Shipping on NAV database and I have never had an issue with the mysterious "TimeStamp" a timestamp is a SQL timestamp field nothing more and northing less at a data level. It is not like NAV keeps a master list of "valid" timestamps. I do not think NAV would like to GET a record with one timestamp and then realize it has changed before the insert, but how would this ever effect one way replication or mirroring. You can not do bi-directional replication on the NAV database that is obvious 1 way replication only. I would your issue is how you setup the replication. Pressing "next" - "next" ... on the wizard is not going to cut it.