SQL2005 Hangups...

2»

Answers

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Phenno wrote:
    DenSter wrote:

Or do you want to tell your customer that they could spend that money right away on finding a solution to either:
    - wiring their office after all
    - investing in TS to host NAV

One question:
    If wireless is a problem (haven't do testing yet on customer site) would be TS enough to support wireless users?

Unfortunately they cannot go wired unless they buy/move other offices that are near enough. They have few hallways where they aren't allowed to place a cable

Provided the TS boxes were configred properly, it would not be a problem. You might even consider multiple TS boxes in a load-balancing cluster.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    bbrown wrote:
    Provided the TS boxes were configred properly, it would not be a problem. You might even consider multiple TS boxes in a load-balancing cluster.

It is a quite small client, starting with 3-4 users with not too many transactions per day... ending in about 10 users max but in a few years. No need for clustering.
    By your description of how things are spread out in the building, it sound like a lot more users. Does each user have their own section of the building?

Agree on the clustering. TS would have no problem with only 4 users
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I don't know if TS will work over wireless, but it sure is a lot less network traffic, so for sure there would be fewer problems.
    DenSter wrote:
    I don't know if TS will work over wireless, but it sure is a lot less network traffic, so for sure there would be fewer problems.

We use it in many installations. As long as the wireless network is good, we see no problems. The wireless conection is between the user and TS. Put the TS box on a fast wired backbone with the database server.
    bbrown wrote:
    By your description of how things are spread out in the building, it sound like a lot more users. Does each user have their own section of the building?

Agree on the clustering. TS would have no problem with only 4 users

Hehhh, a lot of things are set strange in there... Yes, they do have few small offices (rooms) and some of them are on the left side of hallway and others are on the right side. They are not allowed to put wire in hallway to connect left and right side. Funny situation, isn't it?
    What is strange to me is that the owner of an office building does not provide their tenants with proper wiring, or the option to arrange for it.

Thanks for the explanation bbrown, that might be a useful option for small companies. I bet a separate TS and a wireless router could cost less than having a building properly wired.
    DenSter wrote:
    What is strange to me is that the owner of an office building does not provide their tenants with proper wiring, or the option to arrange for it.

Thanks for the explanation bbrown, that might be a useful option for small companies. I bet a separate TS and a wireless router could cost less than having a building properly wired.

Probably they do allow but with certain fee. Our client didn't have needs for wired env till now so... I haven't investigate that option yet. Maybe it's too expensive or something like that... Who knows :roll:

They do have reasons and they stick to wireless solution.

Anyhow, conversation is going in wrong way so. I arranged meeting with them next week so I will check that wire/wireless problem once more.
    Good luck, let us know how that went.
  • thaugthaug Member Posts: 106
    TS should have no problem over a wireless connection, assuming it is G. Even with B it should not be a problem.

If it is slow, just change some of the settings in the Remote Desktop Connection. Even though I use it in my office for a lot of things over a fast network, I still set the Experience on the Experience tab to Modem (28.8KB), don't map sounds, and keep those resolutions and color settings low.
    There is no data, only bool!