Hi

bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
edited 2007-03-09 in Dynamics GP
Hi All,

I am very much new to Microsoft Dynamics GP. I am learning on my own. So may be bother all you members for quiet some time.

I have the following question:

If I have 3 departments in an organisation namely Finance, Purchase & Sales. I wanted to track Administration Expenses seprately for each department. To achieve this do I need to define separate Posting type Accounts for each expenditure head in the Chart of Accounts?

Is there any other way to do this?

Regards,
Bhushan

Comments

• Joseph_Abou_NaderJoseph_Abou_Nader Member Posts: 150
    bteredesai wrote:
    If I have 3 departments in an organisation namely Finance, Purchase & Sales. I wanted to track Administration Expenses seprately for each department. To achieve this do I need to define separate Posting type Accounts for each expenditure head in the Chart of Accounts?

Is there any other way to do this?

Regards,
    Bhushan

Hello

You can create an auxiliary segment that take into consideration the departments you have, and when passing expenses, choose the account that reflects the department. Or you can use the multi dimensional analysis to create an analysis group named expenses, and include in it your 3 department.

Good Luck
    Joseph Abou Nader
    MCLC,MCT,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,MCP
    You will never know what power you have until you take decisions in a hard time.
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    @bteredesai,

Please change the subject to something more appropriate. And read the forum rules before posting, especially rule #7.
  • bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
    Thanks Joseph for your input.

I am sorry for the subject line.