Options

How to execute Navision business processes from MS Office

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
edited 2006-08-25 in Download section
How to execute Navision business processes from MS Office
Microsoft Business Solutions products and Microsoft Office are increasingly integrated. Using web services, it is possible to invoke Navision business processes while working in the Microsoft Office product. In the following example:
• You can create a letter template in Microsoft Word to remind a customer that he reached his credit limit in Navision
• You can retrieve from Microsoft Word (without opening Navision) the customer’s details to fill the letter template automatically (Address, Contact Names…)
• You can block the customer from Microsoft Word (without opening Navision), so no additional sales orders can be created in Navision without approval

The demo contains 3 steps:
• Configuring a Navision Application Server to access Navision
• Creating a web service in Visual Studio 2005
• Calling the web service from Microsoft Word (Customer Credit Limit.doc embedded)

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=599

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Sorry, but I thought that it is "Partners Only" document...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ckndr47ckndr47 Member Posts: 100
    Hello,

According to the docuement we are supposed to use ASP.NET 2.0; but i am using ASP.NET 1.1.

Although i am done with everything but my webservice is unable to read that XML from MSMQ despite the fact that messages (i.e. Customer Info XML) are successfully sent to MSMQ from Codeunit.

I have debugged that webservice (i.e. made in ASP.NET 1.1) and to me its error of XMLFormatter class.

Is is necessary to use ASP.NET 2.0 (VS 2005) for the webservice; or is there any difference b/w XMLFormatter class of 1.1 or 2.0

Thanks and Regards,
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I would say that if the document says you should use ASP.NET 2.0 you should use ASP.NET 2.0, not 1.0 or 1.1
  • Options
    ckndr47ckndr47 Member Posts: 100
    Allright Daneal... right now i have to postpone my task but will be coming back very shortly.... so i will update you with the progress.

Thanks and Regards,
  • Options
    hummelhummel Member Posts: 11
    hi

I got this error message when I press the Invoke button on the RunNavision section of the Service HTML page!!! (I use Navision 4.0 sp2)

All services seems to run and the message ques exists, does anybody knows what wrong ?

/Brian

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <error:description xmlns:error="urn:errors">Application Server Does Not Respond</error:description>
  • Options
    I found that the example is setting incorrect permissions on the queues. There are just read permissions. Check this. I resolved it through creating the queues from Navision...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hi Kamil

the network service has now all rights but it still dont work, how do you create them through navision ?
  • Options
    MSMQ_BA.CreateQueue('.\private$\' + COMPANYNAME + ' 1');
    MSMQ_BA.CreateQueue('.\private$\' + COMPANYNAME + ' 2');

You just need to run it once... you can use some temporary form or something...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    hi Kamil

Maybe I am stupid but I have trouble creating the messagequeues from navision, how is the variable MSMQ_BA defined ?
    (as Automation or ??)

Can you please give me a small example of this, thanks in advance
    (I have tried everything now)

/Brian
  • Options
    The variable is same as in the example codeunit. See the example documentation. It is the Automation for MSMQ...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.