Options

Can you base a form on a temporary table ??

brucembrucem Member Posts: 86
edited 2000-05-17 in Navision Financials
I want to create a temporary tabel, but want the user to be able to interact with it. Is this possible, if so how ??

TIA

Bruce

Comments

• Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    2 solutions.

1) Do as form 344. Then you need to add code, so it is possible to change the tabel. Untested!

2) Do it by calling the form from a Codeunit. In the codeunit you simply declare the temp var, fill it with whatever. Then simply do a FORM.RUNMODAL(FORM::"My form", TmpRec). No special code is needed in the form. But once you return from the form you need to handel the updated information.

Regards
    Peter
    Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply. Looking at the form, am i right in assuming that the temporary table can only be a copy of an existing table ?

Ideally a recordset like MS-query / access / excel would be the best thing to work with.

Bruce
  • Options
    As with all these things you start trying to figure tehm out by trying the most difficult thng first !!

I have had a look at form 344 and MOST of the code ebhind it makes sense with two exceptions.

1. I notice the form is based on a table but the code fills a temporary table, where does the tablesource change from actual to temp table ?

2. form 344 uses the table as the source for the form. In my case i am trying to use a temp table as the basis for a sub form. I appear to be able to populate the temp table on code from a code unit, but how in code do i swap the sub form table source and refresh the main form. Once this is donde , can another external procedure reference the contents of this form ?

Thanks in Advance

Bruce
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    The tricky part is in the two triggers on the form: OnFindRecord and OnNextRecord
    Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    Tarek_DemiatiTarek_Demiati Member Posts: 112
    Yes it's

if you need sample code you can download the Treeview freebie
    from Jose Femenias at :
    http://www.hermida.com/navision/treeview.htm

tarek_demiati@ureach.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brucem:
    I want to create a temporary tabel, but want the user to be able to interact with it. Is this possible, if so how ??

TIA

Bruce
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>