Options

HELP for Certification DEVII

remyremy Member Posts: 2
Hi All,

Can anybody give out the answers.

1. How to implement optimistic concurrency (I don’t remember the server type)?
a) Set a maximum of filters. The server will lock the table (implicit) during the update
b) Set a maximum of filters and explicitly call the LOCKTABLE <=
c) Lock table when you read and you are sure that after you will do an update
d)…

2. What internal document if we add field in table ?
a) Documentation trigger
b) Project Log
c) Field Description
d) Code Command

i'd like to know the exact answer to this questions.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    P@MP@M Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

For the first question, the reponse is C.
    The second question, C
    MASSON Pierre-André
  • Options
    Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    Internal documentation can only be done on the trigger realm, that is to say, on either Documentation trigger or on any other trigger by using commented-out lines.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
    Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005
  • Options
    P@MP@M Member Posts: 6
    The trrigger Documentation is used for the table but not for one field.
    If you want to document only one new field, you must use FieldDescription.

I'm sure
    MASSON Pierre-André
  • Options
    quiNavquiNav Member Posts: 17
    Hello P@M, if possible, can you please explain the answer for question 1?. I have to say that I'm a little unclear on Optimistic Cocurency. I have the below question is also related to Optimistic Concurency and I'm not sure what is the right answer for this question either. Thanks a lot for your help !

You are designing a report that is going to be run while other users are inserting records into the same transaction tables, using version based navision server what do you need to do t the report to make sure that the data reported will be a consistent snapshot of the data those transactions
    a. you don't need to anything
    b. you will need to set the transaction type property to SnapShot
    c. you will need to set the transaction type property to Browse
    d. there is nothing you can do. user will just have to tell all the others
  • Options
    CelenianCelenian Member Posts: 15
    I'm going to have an exam tomorrow. I think, for your question the answer is A), because optimistic concurrency means no locking in hope that no changes will be made. Navision should handle everything for you in this case. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    CelenianCelenian Member Posts: 15
    P@M wrote:
    The trrigger Documentation is used for the table but not for one field.
    If you want to document only one new field, you must use FieldDescription.

I'm sure

During the training I was told to describe such changes in the Documentation trigger of the table "Added field <FieldName>"/
  • Options
    quiNavquiNav Member Posts: 17
    Hey,

I believe the answer is Snapshot. If you do a search on C/Side help, it describes in good details for this question.

1) For optimistic concurency, I believe the answer is A because the server does implicitly lock the table as soon as we modify data, and for OC, it recommends that we do NOT explicitly lock the table

2) the asnwer should be C - Field Description. For this question, if you have (8401A manual), it talks a bit about this

These are the answers I chose in my Dev 2 exams that I took 2 days ago, and I made an 89%. Good luck, fellas!