Options

Error 1355 in module 19 ?

kszymanskikszymanski Member Posts: 42
edited 2003-08-29 in Navision Financials
Hi,

we use Navision Financials 2.60F. If i try to create a new (on a
Windows 2000 Server) a Database (48 GB) the the process
aborts with the above errormessage. I need several (2-8)
tries to create the database. After this i try to import a backup.
Also there i get the above error.

Exists there a patch or another solution.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Kai.
--
Kai Szymanski
Abt. eBusiness
D. Schuricht GmbH & Co. KG

Comments

• Options
    Michael_SprungMichael_Sprung Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

we are looking for a solution to solve this problem as well. As using NF2.60F too, we found the following additonal conditions:

1) When importing an BackupFile (.fbk) in an local Database, this error occures, too. After confirming the Error Windows for several times and restart, we tried to continue Backup Import: Navision continues the Import. At least, the import finished successfully.

2) Our Table 32 (german: "Artikelposten" = "item posts"?) contains aprox. 1.500.000 Records, the optimum Rate is 70 %. - Trying to optimize this table leads to Error 1355 in Module 19. We found no way to complete optimization.

3) In a local Database, even this error occurs trying to have a filtered look on table 17 (german: "Sachposten") using the Standard Form 20 (german: "Sachposten").

Until today, our NSC is not able to solve these problems. Searching in several forums for discussions of this theme was not really successfull.

Can anyone help? Thanks in Advance.

Michael :cry:
  • Options
    SandraSandra Member Posts: 52
    often you get that error message when your database is to small. Since navision needs space to sort a table it might seem to have enough space but in actual fact it doesn't.
    This could also be the problem when creating a new form. Check your database size! File=> Database=> Information.

hope it helps
    Regards
    Sandra
  • Options
    Sandra wrote:
    often you get that error message when your database is to small. Since navision needs space to sort a table it might seem to have enough space but in actual fact it doesn't.

Thats not the problem. I try to create a new database and the error
    occurs ;) Also if i try to extend the database...same error.
    Sandra wrote:
    This could also be the problem when creating a new form. Check your database size! File=> Database=> Information.

The Databasesize is not the problem. I think 48 GB free
    space is enough :)
    Sandra wrote:
    Regards
    Sandra

Not at all :)

Best regards,
    Kai.
    --
    Kai Szymanski
    Abt. eBusiness
  • Options
    Hi,
    Until today, our NSC is not able to solve these problems. Searching in several forums for discussions of this theme was not really successfull.

Also our 'Solution' Center don't have an idea since 8 months. So
    i try to find a solution 'by hand'. We have appro. 2.9 Million
    entries in our 'Artikelpostentabelle'.

If i wan't to optimize our tables (data: appro. 40 GB) i have
    to investigate 4-6 hours (every time the error occurs i have to
    restart the optimizeprocess.

Can i send a bill to Mr. gates ? :)

Best regards,
    Kai.
    --
    Kai Szymanski
    Abt. eBusiness
  • Options
    SvendSvend Member Posts: 3
    We have been able to produce this error while upgrading and/or importing backups, and traced it to be related to the screensaver. Every time the screensaver kicked in, or we changed the settings for the screensaver we would get 1355/19

hope this helps
  • Options
    Hello,

i set the DMBs-Cache on one machine to 600 MB (i know, thats
    much :). Until 4 hours i restore a backup (40 GB) without
    error.

Looks like a DMBs-Cache Problem. Further notes if the restore
    is done.

Bye,
    Kai.
    --
    Kai Szymanski
    Abt. eBusiness
  • Options
    kszymanski wrote:
    Hello,

i set the DMBs-Cache on one machine to 600 MB (i know, thats
    much :). Until 4 hours i restore a backup (40 GB) without

Ha! This seems to be a very strange problem. All works fine until i
    use vnc (a remote tool like pcanywhere). Afer i login an logout
    i get the errermessage...

Hmmm..any hints ?

Best regards,
    Kai.
    --
    Kai Szymanski
    Abt. eBusiness
  • Options
    QuasimodoQuasimodo Member Posts: 45
    First, restore the objects only, than deactiviate all keys in the table item posts, (not of course the primary key).
    Second, restore the datas and activate the keys again.
    NF creates a temp-table in the temp-path when creating the key-entries. Sometimes this can be a very large table. So, therefore there might be a size-problem on your disc?

Michael
  • Options
    paolopaolo Member Posts: 1
    We have been experiencing Module 1355 error 19 errors fairly frequently and have had to get the user to quit navision delete the ZUP file in their home folder and then login again. Can anyone tell me why this happens and what a permanent solution is ?
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    found this regarding error 1355 in module 19. Maybe you can make sence of it..................

The short description for this error is "DBM not re-entrant".

The most common situation for it is that a function (say f1) in the database layer on the client, is executing a database command (op1) that requires a "server dialog". This is just a message giving feedback about what is going on - it can be a true dialog box, like that used for creating an index, or a status bar message like that used for counting records. The server (this can be just dbm.dll locally) tells the client that op1 is taking more than 200ms or so and that a server dialog should be thrown up to give the user some feedback. The point about it, though, is that it is created on a separate thread that now enters a windows message loop. Once you're in this loop, many messages gernated both by windows (in response the painting and the user's actions) and by Navision internally are read off the queue and processed. Sometimes a message will cause more code to execute on the client (such as doing a record FIND). If this happens, the client database layer is called again with database operation op2 and eventually we get down to function f1 again but on the new thread. Function f1 has already noted that it is currently executing on an original thread, trying to execute database operation op1. However, function f1 is not re-entrant - it cannot be re-executed by a different thread for any reason (the database code is protecting itself from bad callers) - it should never happen and this is the error.

The problem is that the UI message processing in Navision should never have picked off messages from the message loop while processing the server dialog that did not belong to the server dialog alone. Unfortunately it does, and the other messages lead to further database operations - and bang.

As of 3.70, this error is still possible but should be fixed soon. There was a hotfix for 3.10 that addressed it and reduced it, but did not solve it.
  • Options
    GoMaDGoMaD Member Posts: 313
    If you search the Partner Guide for this error you will get an extensive list of service requests.

The most heard explanation is that this error occurs mostly in table 37 and 39. And it is related to the CaptionClass property. This property can be called multiple times which results in the fore mentioned error. So, it is best to try and disable this property.

Greetings
    Now, let's see what we can see.
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!
  • Options
    TirtaTirta Member Posts: 53
    Yeah.. but can you explain, how can I disable that property. Because each field has a CaptionClass property.

By the way, Savatage, how can I get the HotFix for 3.10?

And did anyone know about Error 1391 in Modul 19?

Thanks.

Rizal
  • Options
    DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    Hi

error 1355 has following reasons:

- slow or very busy server
    - slow network
    - wrong created database

about database:
    Navision Financials version 2.xx supports database sizes up to 64 (or 128 GB, I am not sure :-)). But there is certain limitation: Database greater than 2 GB MUST be divided into "partitions". This is due performance reasons. Native DBMS was optimised to operate mulitple database pieces located on multiple physical hard disks - this speeds up reading operations like GET or FIND. When you have big database in one piece, DBMS must search for a long time in one big database file and this slows down server call. Server response on your query comes too late and client generates query again. This is reason of error 1355.

solution of problem: make backup of your big database, create new empty database with requested size, but DIVIDED TO PARTITIONS with size MAX 2 GB (ideal is 1,5 GB; 15GB database then should have 10 partitions). after creating this "sliced" database, restore your backup and you hould get good performance without problems.

another solution: migrate to Attain 3.60, there should be no limitation in database file size (you can easily migrate your 2.60 database - open it in 3.60 client and 3.60 will convert database from 2.60 to 3.60 after question automaticaly; this conversion is irreversible!!!; you should have granule Navision Attain 3.xx in license file)
    Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis